Paranormal Round of PGA 2000!

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
Joe the UFO
Weekend Duffer

Paranormal Round of PGA 2000!

Post by Joe the UFO »

THE FOLLOWING IS A TRUE STORY.

I’ve been playing PGA 2000 for seventeen years and counting. I’ve golfed thousands of rounds on hundreds of courses. In those seventeen years, I’ve seen a lot of strange course layouts, odd object placements and bizarre texture combinations. But, in those many years of the weird and baffling, I was not prepared for what happened to me today while playing the game. I can only describe the incident as something straight out of the Twilight Zone or X-Files. Here’s what happened:

One of my players hit an errant shot off the tee, and the ball sailed its way into a large pond. As the ball made contact with the water, I watched in amazement as the torso of the Creature From The Black Lagoon rose from the surface of the pond for a brief moment, then disappeared below the surface of the water as suddenly as it appeared. It wasn’t an object placed in the pond; this was an animation that seemed to be part of the game! No time for a screen shot; only time to stare blankly at my computer screen with that deer in the headlights look on my face. Did I really just see what I think I saw? Yes readers, I really saw the Creature From The Black Lagoon appear from nowhere in a pond while I played a round of PGA 2000! I don’t know how it got there or why it suddenly appeared after seventeen years of playing this game. Now I understand why the game tournament announcer says “that ball may have a second career as a fishing lure.” I certainly lured an unexpected something from the deep that round!

God, I gotta lay off those 2 AM tequila shots when I play this game.

Since the incident, I take two players named “Mulder” and “Scully” with me whenever I golf that course, just in case…

True story, I swear this really happened.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: Paranormal Round of PGA 2000!

Post by SteveHorn »

Joe the UFO ! There is a cheat code in the game for a sea monster to appear if ball is hit in the water. Can't remember how its installed but it does exist.
DC#1
Tour Contender

Re: Paranormal Round of PGA 2000!

Post by DC#1 »

Hi Joe. Go to practice mode and start . Then get close to the edge of a lake and type MAY before you hit into the water. use a lw and don't hit it very far and you will see the creature from the black lagoon. One more is before you hit any shot , anywhere on course type YAY and hit full shot with any club and you will see a flying golfer. Tell Mulder and Scully hello.