Looking for a DEM Plot for TA

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Re: Looking for a DEM Plot for TA

Post by BrianZ111 »

Ah yes good thinking. :up: I thought of doing a find and replace but was still thinking you'd have to do it for every possible elevation in the file but of course assuming 0.00 or whatever is as valid as just 0 then you'd only have to replace each digit.

My old method for grabing imagery was to make a huge google map window in the browser as large as was needed and then use a browser plugin that captured the entire browser page including off screen area.

My method now is to use a program called SAS.Planet.

I've actually written something for my current methods but it isn't really finished and it's gotten so big it's more like a manual then a tutorial :laugh: A lot of it also involves Global Mapper which is a program you have to pay for so I suspect its not even that useful for most others and more useful just for me when I forget things.

SAS.Planet is free though and I think you'd find it useful. I will attached the part of my manual about SAS.Planet. I think my directions are mostly coherent in that section but the whole thing is still a rough draft so not sure. :laugh:

Well if you figure SAS.Planet out it might eliminate your need for it but I'll still have a 1600x1600 file for you before the end of the night.
Attachments
SASPlanet.txt
SAS Planet Tutorial
(5.2 KiB) Downloaded 161 times
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

I included two, one cropped at 1600x1600 yards and one cropped at 1630x1630 yards. Reason being is with the 1600 yard one the TA tells you to create a plot of 1580x1580 in the CA and I added 10 yard increments until I got to 1630 before it showed creating a 1600 yard plot in the CA. Not sure what is up with that, if the TA crops some off the terrain matrix or if it just isn't fitting it right. In any case you have both to work with depending on what you wanted. These are 10 meter grids so select 10 meter when opening them in the TA. Any questions, feel free to ask, I'll be gone over the 4th and 5th though so I probably won't respond until the 6th.

http://www.zagerdesign.com/temp/almost_flat_1600.zip
Thunder91166
Weekend Duffer

Post by Thunder91166 »

Thank you so much, I was just checking out the sas stuff, I'll have to dig further into that