Ross Bridge by Adam Brandt [New Course]

Reviews and feedback for courses and other game content.
DC#1
Tour Contender

Re: Ross Bridge by Adam Brandt [New Course]

Post by DC#1 »

Hey Dar can you tell me if the resubmitted version of this course is available for D/L yet?
Stan Nehilla
Legend of Golf

Post by Stan Nehilla »

DC#1,

It looks like Ross Bridge V2 is what is now listed, It's 13.5MB so it probably does not have the libraries included.
Stan
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

Stan's comments cover the situation. To expedite things, I just replaced the xcr file in the zip with the xcrV2 file... then reuploaded it to the server.

Dar
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

Thanks Guys, I'm off to D/L.
A Brandt
Club Champion

Post by A Brandt »

I was wondering if anyone would like to offer some comments and/or criticisms for my course. I put a lot of thought into this one and was a little disappointed to see nobody commenting, good or bad. I tried some new ideas for blends, like on the tops of hills and knobs, and also for the fairways. I wondered if anyone noticed or if it's even something worth adding to a course.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Adam ! I'm sorry to say that I haven't played Ross Bridge yet. Between playng my season and working on an updated Muirfield Village & investagating on a new course project I just have'nt gotten around to playing your newest release. If its anywhere near as good as Glen Haven I'll have another A+ course to enjoy. I would love to see you do a library using the same coefficients as Glen Haven textures but make it a little different Hue - deeper slightly oliveish green of fairway and rough.
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

Sorry for the oversight Adam. That's all a designer wants is a few words about their course that they worked so hard on. I think we're taking you for granted because you have developed into one of the top designers (IMHO) and when you D/L an Adam Brandt course you know it's going to be good. Ross Bridge doesn't disappoint. First off I liked the layout and the placement of the fairways and bunkers and the angles to them. Everything that I saw was technically well done. The planting was nicely done too. I liked the planting around the lake on 14. 1 thing I thought was missing was a pine texture for under the trees. Next I thought the rock textures were nice but would have liked to have seen some planting on them, not much. I'll address a pet peeve of mine. I have never liked when a more severe texture like rough is used for a rough cut 2-3" being darker and then you have light rough after the rough cut. The more severe texture is closer to the fairway and the less severe is farther out. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say. Now let's see if found what you mentioned in your post about the hills and knobs. It looks to me like you blended or shaded the rough texture with a light and dark one and kind of overlayed them together. Also all textures on this course look to have a depth to the grass, where you can almost see blades of grass. I do like the look of whatever you did. Again I hope you understand what I'm saying. The greens are well done along with good movement and shapes. Overall a very nice course as we have come to expect from you. Thanks for your time and effort.
A Brandt
Club Champion

Post by A Brandt »

DC, thanks for the comments. As for the rough cut being more severe, I guess it never occurred to me that I did that. You're right though, the coefficients should have been the same as the rough texture next to it. I'll make sure I don't make that mistake again. I'll also point out that the farther you get from the fairway, the easier it is to get out of the rough. I did this because in most of my experiences the rough is usually thicker near the fairway where it gets the most water. As you get further from the fairway, the grass is a little more dried out and less dense so it may be easier to hit from.
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

So did you use blended rough textures and the farther out you adjusted the coefficients?
A Brandt
Club Champion

Post by A Brandt »

I'm sorry, I was actually thinking of Glen Haven with that last post. On Ross Bridge, the only places I used this technique was on the small hills and knobs, where I have the rough blends. The tops of the hills have a drier looking rough that Is easier to get out of. Glen Haven is where I used that for the entire hole, getting easier to hit out of the rough as it transitions from grass to dunes or pines, but of course harder to get out once it's mostly sand texture.

I hope that's not too confusing!!