Shinnecock Hills GC by Polslad [New Course]

Reviews and feedback for courses and other game content.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Shinnecock Hills GC by Polslad [New Course]

Post by BrianZ111 »

Course: Shinnecock Hills GC (18.3 MB)
Type: Real, Parkland
Designer: Polslad
Date: 1/17/2016
Libraries Used: bethpage1
DC#1
Tour Contender

Re: Shinnecock Hills GC by Polslad [New Course]

Post by DC#1 »

I hated seeing that this course had no reviews. So I'll be first. I thought David really captured the essence of Shinnecock, much like Bethpage which is the only library, a rarity nowadays. The grass planting must have taken forever and was well done, I liked the color of the grass. Fairway textures fit well. Nice placement of trees and not overly done. I thought the greens were a little dark, but if anyone remembers when the U.S. Open was held here players had a tough time with the greens. They are Shinnecock's best defense and David has done a wonderful job on them. If you come up short on some pin you will rollback off the green. I also liked the construction just around the bunkers(built into hillsides,looks natural). I did find tees that were not flat on 2,5,6,10,11,15,16,18. In a couple of places I could see air under the clubhouse most notable on 9th fairway just right of center 218yds. from green and by the 3 greenside bunkers on the left of 9 green. These would be easy fixes and would make this course outstanding. It plays beautifully. Thank you David for still designing, it does not go unappreciated as there are not many of us left.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

Thanks for the words DC.
I still have the course file so I could fix those errors easily, doesn't seem to be any need thought, there's hardly any activity around here these days.
Who would notice.
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

You're right David. I remember people saying they would be there when they turned the lights off. Those people are gone and I think the hand is not to far from the light switch. I still want to see Kreuger National by LinksLegend and Snowdonia by Pyecraft. Been waiting a long time for those 2. It is depressing putting all that time into making a course and not have anybody play or comment on it. I remember somebody said that you have to design for yourself,because you enjoy it, not looking for any "reviews" or words of feedback.
msmvet
Chronic Slicer

Post by msmvet »

Excellent course David!! Really like the challenge it offers on every hole. Planting is incredible and the blendings works great. As DC pointed out, there are some minor visual aspects, but the playability is really great like all your designs. A priceless venue to my next season.
I don´t know how many people are still playing this game, I though it was dead a couple of times, but to me is still the best game around, and I will continue playing it and designing. I´m working on another course now, and I´m also planning the next one.
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

Great to hear there are a few of us left msmvet. Nice to see your still designing and playing. Looking forward to it's release. Post a few pics. I am almost done with that course Terry gave me. Then I'm almost done with the course I was working on when he gave me his. Good to hear from you.