Barton Creek by Dale Sommerfelt

Reviews and feedback for courses and other game content.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Barton Creek by Dale Sommerfelt

Post by Polslad »

Don't know if this one has been done, I tend to lose track when I have the architect open, and dont download or play for a couple of months.
Just catching up now on the summer releases.
I am absolutely amazed by the reality and beauty of this layout.
The course rolls its way around a lot of elevation changes, mostly downwards, ir's only the 18th that seems to play uphill.
I remeber playing this one in Links years ago, so most of the course is very familiar.
Dale is one of the premier designers in this community, and I feel that this is perhaps his finest work so far. The course is simply faultless.
I get the feeling at the end of each round that I immeidiately want to go back and tee it up again.
Currently my favourite course of all, which, as you know, there are a lot of great ones out there.

Very recommended to newer members around here.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: Barton Creek by Dale Sommerfelt

Post by SteveHorn »

David ! As most of us already know Dale is the King of real renditions and Barton Creek is one of his best designs
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

Another of those courses I've overlooked. We played the f9 Tuesday l/n/g. Beautiful job by Dale as usual, he is the king. Wicked greens and tight fairways is all I can say... stay awake or you'll drown in the deep grass.
mysteryman
Weekend Duffer

Post by mysteryman »

This course rocks..forgiving fairways..with a lot of choices off the tee. The true test is the approach shots, I love postage stamp greens. Reminds me a lot of the courses in our area, fairways accessible..but approach to greens requires precision and thought,

Graphics on this are phenomenal..almost like a post card look

Mm