Horseshoe Hills by Steve Horn [New Course]

Reviews and feedback for courses and other game content.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Horseshoe Hills by Steve Horn [New Course]

Post by BrianZ111 »

Course: Horseshoe Hills (20.2 MB)
Type: Fictional, Parkland
Designer: Steve Horn
Date: 7/24/2014
Libraries Used: barrenhills, bayhill, bethpage1, congress, petitpays, thelegacy, woodfordpark
tincup
Legend of Golf

Re: Horseshoe Hills by Steve Horn [New Course]

Post by tincup »

A bunch of us took a spin on this newest course last night. Concensus opinion... solid A-List course. Even the mighty Bison was held to around even par on the back 9... mostly due to one disaster hole.

Good job Steve :cheers: ... its nice to see a new one again... been a while.

Dar
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Dar! Glad to here that the bunch of you liked Horseshoe Hills. What was the disaster hole?
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

I don't remember for sure, but I think it was #12. The pin was on a knob surrounded by what looked to be small spikes. Bison just could not get the putt to cooperate and ended up with a 9 or 10 on the hole (after picking up)... he was muttering lol. It is hard to reconstruct because next time one gets a different pin placement.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Dar! Strange, I hope these spikes aren't the type that makes the ball jump. I played at least 2 dozen test play rounds and one thing I try to eliminate would be any spikes.
hookster
Chronic Slicer

Post by hookster »

Played it with the guys the other night. A lister for sure. Tough greens made it a super challenge. Keep em coming guys, we`re still playing em.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

Steve, I really like this one!

Glad to see a new course come out.......I am partly to blame for that :(

The layout on Horseshoe Hills is really good. I mean REALLY good! My favorite hole on this course is the par 5 4th hole. Perfect example of how Steve laid the course out. It's a short par 5, but if you hit it too far down the right side the trees block you out from the green. The only real way to challenge the hole in 2 is to take on the water from the tee, or hit a 340+ yard drive down the right. Every hole is different, and you cannot hit driver on every hole. A true realistic looking and playing course.

One of your best Steve! As mentioned before, a definite A lister! :up: :up: :up:
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

As soon as the course opened and I saw the shot from the first tee I knew this course was going to be good.
A diagonal cantered fairway, both axis heading away from you, delicious.
Particulary liked the raised green-sites, reminded mee a lot of the golden days of architecture, a'la CB McDonald and Seth Raynor, simplistic, contoured, effective, and very pleasing on the eye.
A couple of greens border towards slighty unfair perhap?
I only play on medium, I wouldn't fancy putting on hard, although others enjoy it.
Some very good strategy holes as mentioned, all build to a high standard, all very attractive.

Definate keeper for me.
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

I'll echo what has already been said. I thought some of the greens could have used a bit more smoothing, but liked the contours. It's always a fine line to have good movement to your greens and still have them play fair. Also liked the raised greens. Overall very nice course, Thanks Steve. 1 final note on the par 5 18th I did something I have never done in 14 years of playing this game. I holed out from 163 yards for a double eagle.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Thanks to all who uploaded,played and commented on Horseshoe Hills. Congrats to DC#1 on his first double eagle. I almost made #18 a difficult par4 but in the long run decided to keep it a par 5. I'm still looking for my first double eagle. Yes these greens are tough but I believe fair (Very Dry all bets are off extremely tough). Alot depends on the pin postion. Several holes can be like Augusta (long is wrong) making for extreme difficut ups and downs. I try to make most of my course's challenging and where it will take several rounds to get to know the greens and what pins you can attack and what ones to play short ,left or right of the pin. Glad to see that it got great reviews. Enjoyed making this course and plan on another soon. Once again thanks to all and continued great play.