Corrupt golfer graphics and flag

Help with questions or problems.
Michel76
Range Rookie

Corrupt golfer graphics and flag

Post by Michel76 »

Hi ,i am new here on this forum and i have a all in one computer from HP with windows 10 installed .I have installed the game on windows 10 and every thing works fine on it except the golfer 3d animation of the golfer and the flag ,its looks like very blurry and its flickering .It seems the golfer animation looks corrupt.Is this a problem with my computer or is this game not compatible with windows 10 ? I have a picture from the corrupt golfer animation.Please help !! Whats is this ????
Clipboard01.jpg
(390.7 KiB) Not downloaded yet
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: Corrupt golfer graphics and flag

Post by SteveHorn »

Michel76
Never seen or heard of anyone having a problem like this. It might have to do with your graphic settings in your computer. The golfer does look COOL though
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Looks like it's not reading or rendering the textures properly. I know there are people who play it on windows 10 so it's not that alone. I've had it where parts of the golfer show a solid black color but a restart of the game usually fixes that. About the only other thing I can think to do is reinstall the game. Maybe one of the dll's like GameBmp.dll is corrupted.
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

I have been on vacation the last 2 weeks and when I got back yesterday there was a windows 10 update. I just played and my golfer,ball and flag look the same as your's Michel76. I have never seen that in 20 years of playing this game. I would look at the recent windows 10 update as the problem.
Jim Hall
Club Champion

Post by Jim Hall »

SteveHorn wrote:Michel76
Never seen or heard of anyone having a problem like this. It might have to do with your graphic settings in your computer. The golfer does look COOL though
Yup - Just experienced the exact same issue following the update.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Ugh, that's not good. Are you able to roll back and then block that specific update? I know Windows 10's Windows Update doesn't give you much control. That was one of several reasons I didn't upgrade my computers when the free upgrade was available.
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

Brian, is it possible to put windows 7 or 8 on a SSD and boot from there when you play pga?
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Yeah, I don't see why not. If you have a choice I'd go with Windows 7. With Windows 8 you could get that flaky problem where libraries and courses you installed disappear and then not being able to reinstall them without reinstalling the game. Not everyone with Windows 8 has that problem but I have that problem on my laptop. My desktop with Windows 7 runs the game fine and as far as I know nobody has reported any issues like that with Windows 7.
Viper
Tour Contender

Post by Viper »

Just installed PGA 2000 on a new Win 10 PC and can confirm the same problem.
BischoffKY
Novice

Post by BischoffKY »

Same problem here. Anybody find a fix?