2021 US Open

Discuss real golf.
ETphonehome
Chronic Slicer

2021 US Open

Post by ETphonehome »

It was very delightful to see Jon Rahm win the US Open yesterday. I was impressed how gracefully he handled both the forced withdrawal from the Memorial Tournament a couple weeks ago while holding a large lead and how he dealt with that in interviews this past weekend.

It was also exciting with a good number of people tightly bunched together on the leaderboard going into the final round.

We've had some exciting majors this year...I hope we have the same at The Open Championship at Royal St. George next month!
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: 2021 US Open

Post by SteveHorn »

I also was glad to see Jon Rahm win his first major at the U.S. Open. With the days of Tiger and Phil rapidly coming to a close Jon Rahm has become one of my favorite golfers on the PGA Tour in the past 3 seasons. I was also impressed with Torrey Pines. I never really thought much of the course when watching the annual Farmers Ins. Open. But NBC showed more shots of the course and how they use the ravine's then CBS ever did.
ETphonehome
Chronic Slicer

Post by ETphonehome »

Great comments Steve! We are playing Torrey Pines on JNSE this week and if I don't hit the fairway it is a scramble to save par on a hole. It is definitely a challenge!
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

I think they made changes to Torry specially for the US Open this year. I know the left side of 17 used to have a lot more trees and I don't think the hazard was really in play unless you hit a really bad drive. It was pivotal for the tournament now with Louis putting it down in there and losing by one. The course still could use a few more changes to better use those canyons as hazards in my opinion but it was a definite improvement.