Courses for download?

Any JN series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
Guitarzan
Weekend Duffer

Re: Courses for download?

Post by Guitarzan »

Yep I had those checked. Ran as an admin, made sure all the permissions were good, even tried checking the read only box. Strange....I never had this problem installing GBC courses back in the day.
Viper
Tour Contender

Post by Viper »

I tried Abernathy Hills and it worked fine. Maybe give it a try just for testing.
It's obvious but did the courses you added have a .course extension?
Guitarzan
Weekend Duffer

Post by Guitarzan »

Yep. I even tried restarting the computer just in case that did something. I downloaded 2 courses and both don't work so it isn't an isolated thing. Funny thing is, the courses I copied off my disk all installed perfectly.
Viper
Tour Contender

Post by Viper »

Guitarzan wrote: April 17th, 2022, 1:08 pm Yep. I even tried restarting the computer just in case that did something. I downloaded 2 courses and both don't work so it isn't an isolated thing. Funny thing is, the courses I copied off my disk all installed perfectly.
Try this course and tell me if it works. It's a normal zip file.

https://mega.nz/file/VQYl2QpY#xY61cYJ_e ... dbv7eoQogQ
Guitarzan
Weekend Duffer

Post by Guitarzan »

No luck. If I can't install another course, I still have 50 favorites so not the end of the world. It's just strange I can't get any new ones to show up. Thanks for the help!
Viper
Tour Contender

Post by Viper »

Guitarzan wrote: April 17th, 2022, 1:20 pm No luck. If I can't install another course, I still have 50 favorites so not the end of the world. It's just strange I can't get any new ones to show up. Thanks for the help!
This will be related to the same issue as the sticky I linked to earlier.
Be certain your problem course properties are checked as in the screenshot I showed in the sticky thread.
If the courses are still not showing in the game and your old courses are, it gives me some info where the problem may be.

Is the GBC installation you did recent or is this an installation you did years ago?
You want to make sure GBC is not installed in Program Files. If it is, I'd uninstall it and reinstall it elsewhere.
There should be no need to run as admin or use compatibility settings if it's installed outside of Program Files.
Drackkor
Weekend Duffer

Post by Drackkor »

Guitarzan wrote: April 17th, 2022, 12:23 pm Great site! Thanks for the link. I D/L and renamed and unzipped and put the file in the course folder and they don't show up in the menu. Any ideas?
Thanks yes anytime I can share helpful information I will.
Guitarzan
Weekend Duffer

Post by Guitarzan »

Viper wrote: April 17th, 2022, 2:01 pm
Guitarzan wrote: April 17th, 2022, 1:20 pm No luck. If I can't install another course, I still have 50 favorites so not the end of the world. It's just strange I can't get any new ones to show up. Thanks for the help!
This will be related to the same issue as the sticky I linked to earlier.
Be certain your problem course properties are checked as in the screenshot I showed in the sticky thread.
If the courses are still not showing in the game and your old courses are, it gives me some info where the problem may be.

Is the GBC installation you did recent or is this an installation you did years ago?
You want to make sure GBC is not installed in Program Files. If it is, I'd uninstall it and reinstall it elsewhere.
There should be no need to run as admin or use compatibility settings if it's installed outside of Program Files.
I installed the program from this site and installed directly to C: It has worked flawlessly with the courses I installed from my old disks. I've done everything mentioned above.
Viper
Tour Contender

Post by Viper »

Ok, just check this. Right click on the JN6 install folder that holds all the JN6 files.
Select properties and advanced, should look like this:

Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg
(120.25 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Viper
Tour Contender

Post by Viper »

One more thing to try if the above does not work.
Extract a course somewhere on your PC but not to the GBC courses folder.
Make a copy of it after you extract it to the same folder you extracted to so you now have a duplicate.
Now delete the original you first extracted and rename the copy to the same name as the original.
Take the copy you renamed and add it to the GBC course folder.
Make sure the course's file properties are checked as I mentioned in earlier posts.