Question for Players

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
Jim Hall
Club Champion

Question for Players

Post by Jim Hall »

For those of you that play the game, I'm curious as to what height you set the camera. When I'm designing courses and playtesting them, I usually set the camera to a height of about 9' as that gives me an optimal view of each hole and I adjust hole design accordingly.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Re: Question for Players

Post by BrianZ111 »

I prefer to play from a realistic eye level so I use 6 feet with a -4° pitch. However I play with the snap cam on and for that (the landing reverse views) I have it set to 12 feet and -3° pitch.

In the designer I mostly keep the cam at 6 feet as well but once in a while I have to bump it up to see what I’m doing over a larger area.
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

I design and play at the same settings as Brian. I am 6' tall so I think it gives a realistic view. I also play with the snap cam, default settings. I will adjust the height a lot during the design process to check how high a mound is. If I am to close to a tall tree I will adjust the pitch to see the entire tree in the window.
Diguelo
Chronic Slicer

Post by Diguelo »

Generally when I was making courses I would leave the camera height at the default player height so it gives a realistic view of fairways and greens. Plus on a few designs (Vertigo Island) I kind of outstepped the design parameters of the course a lot and any height other than standard elevation caused crashes in the editor.

As a rule in green design I would occasionally lower the height to follow a contour and look for grid needles or spikes in the contour

I wouldnt consider my designs brilliant but I had a lot of fun building them and playing them with others.