reverse engineer a course?

Help with questions or problems.
tarheel
Legend of Golf

reverse engineer a course?

Post by tarheel »

I think the course is called Gotemba, its one of the japenese courses in JN6. Its loaded with ‘golden trees’ due to a corrupt or missing tree object. I did not upload it to the courses directory due to this. I’m wondering if there is a method to reverse engineer this course from the .course file, so I could fix all these golden trees by replacing with a valid object?
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Re: reverse engineer a course?

Post by Sundance »

Brad, are their good objects in the custom object file or are all the objects golden trees? If they are all golden trees then the custom object file is totally corrupted and you would have to delete all the objects and replace them with new ones on every hole. If there are only a few it might be worth fixing if the course is that good.
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

I’m not sure completely because I’m not sure how to open up a course file. But there are a bunch of normal trees. It looks like only one or two tree types aren’t valid. Can a course in the .course format be opened in a designer?
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

tarheel wrote: July 24th, 2023, 6:52 am I’m not sure completely because I’m not sure how to open up a course file. But there are a bunch of normal trees. It looks like only one or two tree types aren’t valid. Can a course in the .course format be opened in a designer?
Brad, no it can't be opened in the designer. You would need the course folder to edit.