Released: The Village Golf Club

Any JN series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
Galen_Golf4676
Club Champion

Released: The Village Golf Club

Post by Galen_Golf4676 »

Course Name: The Village Golf Club
Designer: Galen Geier
Release Date: October, 2023
Type: Fictional Parkland
Download: https://hamhoctours.com/depot/The%20Village%20GC.zip

Course Info:
The Village is a retirement facility for senior citizens fictionally located somewhere in the upper mid-west of the USA. The golf course was designed specifically with these folks in mind. There is just one tee for each hole. It is recommended that family visitors who wish to play a round play with irons only.

Designer Notes:
This is the 18 hole version of the 2022 course by the name of The Village Nine. This course will replace the older version. The course was plotted using two hole design windows. One for the front nine and the other for the back. The objects in the design are either my favorites from the stock palette or those I made myself. The textures are ones I made from images I found on the web. I hope the player enjoys a round or two here. It is not a long course so should not be all that challenging which is why I added that bit above about playing it with irons only. Thank you for downloading The Village Golf Club.

Tarheel, if you'd be so kind, could you move this course to the JN6 course directory here at the Golf Sim Clubhouse?
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Re: Released: The Village Golf Club

Post by Sundance »

Got it Galen and looking forward to it!!
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

Wow! I took a quick glance and it is really sharp! Looking forward to playing it, and I think thats a nice tribute on the first tee :)

Link is up here:
http://www.golfsimclubhouse.com/jack/jn ... _gc_18.zip
Galen_Golf4676
Club Champion

Post by Galen_Golf4676 »

I've been informed that I made a huge blunder with my tribute object on the first tee. I will correct that ASAP.
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

I will take this version down right now.

Sorry, it slipped right by me too, because those two names were so often linked doing courses.
Galen_Golf4676
Club Champion

Post by Galen_Golf4676 »

Put it down to old age and not paying attention but I had Chad Derouin's name along with Charlie Roberts on a custom object to pay them homage. As far as I know, Chad is still among the living. Ann Landers would give me "40 lashes with a wet noodle." I have fixed this blunder and uploaded the corrected version. The download link on the first message in this thread is still valid.
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

I took the day off from work sick with a cold, so within moments of his post, here is the revised course available on golfsimclubhouse:

http://www.golfsimclubhouse.com/jack/jn ... evised.zip
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

I plan on playing a round on this full course very soon and posting it up.