Special Player???

Help with questions or problems.
shot meister
Chronic Slicer

Special Player???

Post by shot meister »

I need a little help. I am cataloging a lot of courses to back them up in the event of a server crash and/or just to have an alternate site available for courses and libraries. While doing one architects courses I noticed the attached screen shot. It shows the player as YARDS and it gives the yardage for all the holes for the course. Because there are not many architects that give information on their courses they create such as total yardage (from the furthest tee) and total PAR, I often have to list those as "UNKNOWN" when I create an HTML page for a course. It is a lot nicer if I have the yardage information and PAR for a course. So, to make a long subject just a bit longer...does anyone know whether or not you can create a player and call them YARDS to show the yards for a course?

Thanks,
Bruce Ryder
Front9.JPG
Special Player called YARDS?
(216.67 KiB) Not downloaded yet
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: Special Player???

Post by SteveHorn »

Bruce
I know that if you open up a course to play if you check the scores in the view window of the game menu you can see the par of a course but not the yardage. I believe the yardage shows up after you play a round but I'm not sure of that can't remember and I just haven't payed much attention after I've finished a round. I usually just close out the game after a round. Go ahead and experiment with a player named yards what can it hurt?
I forgot to answer one of your questions awhile back about if I've ever created any libraries. No, I haven't I've considered it in the past but never devoted the time to try.
KSBC6499
Chronic Slicer

Post by KSBC6499 »

Hi Bruce
I played a 9 with a player named YARDS..the only thing that showed up was my score. That is wierd not sure how that would work. However there is another way,on the startup screen hit the 4th button down,STATS. Then on the next screen hit the button COURSE. Then you can scroll to the course you are looking for and the yardage is there. However I guess this would only work on courses you have installed. Not sure if you install everyone that you are planning to load on your site. I might fiddle around more and see what happens.
Kent
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Kent
I'll have to use that info for when I see if a course is long enough for tournament play. I always went into practice mode and would click hole 1 write down the yards and par then the next hole and so on. It only takes about 5 minutes but hey this way in the stats column is nice.
I just went in and tried your method, and it only works if you already played a course so in that case it won't work for me when trying to get a yardage for a new course that I haven't yet played even though its installed.