Old Timers Competition 2024

Any JN series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Re: Old Timers Competition 2024

Post by tarheel »

BradTheDad wrote: May 2nd, 2024, 4:32 pm Congratulations to your daughter Brad. Tertiary qualifications are so important these days, if you want to have a long and successful career.

Cheers

Brad
Thank you! We are very proud of that little lady. She will be starting in the fall a PhD program to get her Doctorate of Chemistry at University of Texas. Long road ahead.

Her little sister graduates late this month from High School and starts college in the fall. First time with no kids at home coming.
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Brad, people used to ask me about our kids. I told them our elder son has a Bachelor of Science in Physical Mathematics, our daughter has a Bachelor of International Business and our younger son has a bass guitar.

Our younger son is now a qualified builder, married to a lawyer and he can play any guitar you give him, but especially bass.

So, now they're all earning a lot more than Mum and Dad ever did! You can't ask for more than that for your kids.

:up:
RandyG
Scratch Golfer

Post by RandyG »

Here is round 2 @ Pine Needles
Attachments
Pine Needles Golf Club - Randy Rd2.round
(24.87 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
JReel
Shotmaker

Post by JReel »

JuanMenestrina wrote: April 23rd, 2024, 6:30 am My second round at Sleeping Bear. This is a message for Jeff: you are an outstanding architect... i enjoyed every single shot... The finals holes are a beauty... i enjoyed long putts, that are not usual on this game. Love it everyway. i hope you could make another jewell for us. Thanks for your work.
Juan
Sorry for the delay in responding Juan, I was on the road for the last two weeks over in Europe.

Thank you very much for your nice comments, they are very much appreciated. It makes me extremely happy to hear that you all have enjoyed playing Sleeping Bear Downs. Not sure that I have it in me to create another course from scratch. But, there are a couple of "restoration/update" projects that I may attempt to tackle.

Thanks again for the comments Juan.

Cheers,

Jeff
JReel
Shotmaker

Post by JReel »

BradTheDad wrote: April 24th, 2024, 4:58 am Hi Guys,

just watched Juan's second round at Sleeping Bear Downs. A solid round, with only one bogey, on a course that, I think we will all agree, is up there with the best that has ever been produced for our pleasure/pain.

The true beauty of this course is options. You have options off the tee to different fairways. You have options on how to play your approaches, and as Tarheel has shown, you even have options on the green as to whether you putt or chip.

I have thoroughly enjoyed watching which options you have taken and despite which one it was, the results still came out incredibly close.

Cheers

Brad
Brad, just wanted to say thanks for the comments. You and tarheel get a lot of credit for this course too. Your play testing and suggested changes were invaluable and made the course more playable and more enjoyable and for that I thank you both! You hit the nail on the head in that my goal with the course was to present the player multiple options on nearly every shot. Wide playing corridors that give the player choices and strategic options are to me what makes the best course from an architectural standpoint.

Thanks again!

Jeff
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

You're welcome, Jeff. Can't wait to play-test your next creation (hint, hint)! ;)
Galen_Golf4676
Club Champion

Post by Galen_Golf4676 »

Pine Needles round 2. Some slippery putts out there. :bg:
Attachments
Pine Needles Golf Club - Galen_Rnd2.round
(25.06 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Hi Guys,

just watched Galen's and Randy's second rounds at Pine Needles and, you guessed it, there was nothing in it. Randy jumped out to an early lead with and Eagle/Birdie start, and while Galen tried to fight back, his birdies were pretty well matched by Randy, leaving Randy with a three-shot lead after the front nine.

Galen must have gotten a pep-talk from his coach at the turn, as he started the back nine with three straight birdies. Randy fought back through the middle of the closing holes, but another trifecta of birdies to close out his round by Galen, saw him fall agonisingly short by one shot as they shook hands on the 18th green.

Nevertheless, Galen's better handicap again saw him pip Randy in the Handicap and Stableford scores for this round.

Another very enjoyable watch. Thanks lads!
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

As promised, finishing off the last event with round 4 here.
Angel River Golf Club - Tarheel - round 2.round
(25.17 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Galen_Golf4676
Club Champion

Post by Galen_Golf4676 »

Round 3 at Pine Valley. Slippery slopes shall sometimes sadden! :laugh:
Attachments
Pine Valley Golf Club - Galen_Rnd3.round
(26.32 KiB) Downloaded 3 times