Troubleshooting PGA on Window's Vista

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
ADC
Tour Contender

Troubleshooting PGA on Window's Vista

Post by ADC »

So, the game and the architecht are working fine, but the Course Manager is screwy. I've tried everything I know, but whenever I go to install a course or library, I get this message. The manager then closes automatically. Any help would be appreciated.
Attachments
problem.jpg
(55.6 KiB) Not downloaded yet
"It is all good and well to punish a bad shot, but the right to eternal punishment should be reserved for a higher tribunal than a Green Committee." Bernard Darwin on Pine Valley Golf Club.
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Re: Troubleshooting PGA on Window's Vista

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

ADC check your PM box.

I don't have Vista, so I don't know if doing a registry repair would fix your problem or not. If not, I'll send you a copy of the bin folder.
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

ADC,

This is a fairly common problem. If you look in the Technical Help section, there is a solution posted in the topic called:
Run-time error '339'... .OCX file missing (near the bottom of the topic list).

The XCDZIP35.OCX file is one of three files that give us fits from time to time. It is easy to fix.

Dar
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

ADC,

Were you able to resolve the problem with the course manager?

Dar
ADC
Tour Contender

Post by ADC »

No, I never did. I got the files in to the System32 file, but they never registered. When I tried to run them, the pc aborted.
"It is all good and well to punish a bad shot, but the right to eternal punishment should be reserved for a higher tribunal than a Green Committee." Bernard Darwin on Pine Valley Golf Club.
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

ADC,
I can't tell from your response whether or not you ran the registration command after putting the file in system32. Did you?

Click on Start>Run (a Run box will pop up)
put this statement in the run box....
regsvr32 \windows\system32\XCDZIP35.OCX
Click on OK (done)

You should get a message indicating that the file was successfully registered.

Note: The registration statement must be exactly as shown (note the space after regsvr32). I recommend you just copy the statement and paste it into the Run box.

If any other .OCX files are indicated as missing, just follow the same procedure for each.

Dar
ADC
Tour Contender

Post by ADC »

It's telling me the module " \windows\system32\XCDZIP35.OCX" failed to load...

thank you for all the help.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

ADC. TRY AGAIN. Enter what Dar said in his previous post EXACTLY as shown. Any error in the typing, spacing or caps, lower case will give you an error.Also have you tried the program compatability wizard.
ADC
Tour Contender

Post by ADC »

Ok, so I know it's been months since I was around, and months since I gave an answer to your suggestions. I'm sorry, that was rude of me. But I guess it's all ok now. I cleaned the registry on my computer last night, and low and behold, the Bethpage1 library just installed when I tried it on a whim. Sooo....PGA, look out.

Thanks all, for all your help.