" Fathers Day "

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
Robert@
Shotmaker

" Fathers Day "

Post by Robert@ »

I ve posted this story every year I believe for the last 8 years I`ll do it again now so those that have heard it before please bear with me.

My Dad and i were born on the same day,Oct 21st. There wasnt much we did as father and son except on our birthdays we always did something together. When I was 11 he took me along with him to play golf. I didnt really play but he let me pull his bag around as sort of his caddie. The following spring my dad joined a leaugue and he took me with every monday to pull his bag around. I looked forward to every week. Eventually while waiting to hit he would drop a ball now and then and let me take a swing or two at it. I was hooked from the very first swing. Over the next 35 or so years i played golf with my dad quite often. When ever i wanted to play he was the first person i asked.When he got sick and couldnt do alot of things, golf was something he just didnt say no to. No matter how bad he played he still enjoyed being on the course,I enjoyed being there with him. When the Doctors said he may only have 6 months left we again spent our birthday together but it was cold that year and golf wasnt possible. Knowing my Dads time was short in feb I took him on a trip to Florida to play golf and see his sister. We tried as hard as we could a few times but he was to weak to finish all 18 holes everytime we tried. My Dad died in April that year and on every Fathers Day and Birthday I miss him dearly. This Fathers Day i will do like I have every Fathers Day since his passing. I will set my clubs aside,bring his down from the attic and play a round of golf with my dads clubs. I know he isnt playing with me but using his clubs is the closest I can come to it. I Love and Miss you DAD...HAPPY FATHERS DAY !
Last edited by Robert@ on June 17th, 2011, 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stan Nehilla
Legend of Golf

Re: " Fathers Day "

Post by Stan Nehilla »

Happy Fathers Day to all fathers.
Stan
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Robert@! Thats a great story that I don't mind reading every year.
Stan Nehilla
Legend of Golf

Post by Stan Nehilla »

Thanks Robert@

Happy Father's Day to all fathers and a thank you to all mothers who made it possible. :) :bg:
Stan
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

That is a great story Robert. Thank you for sharing. As Steve said I don't get tired of reading it each year.