Bull's Eye Country Club by Brian Zager

Reviews and feedback for courses and other game content.
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Bull's Eye Country Club by Brian Zager

Post by sandwedge »

I am probably the only one here who hasn't played this course but just in case - fantastic! The libraries are solid and the color of the textures is sweet - always liked that lighter shade myself, looks better on the screen. I see the designer has made some other courses - will be downloading those for sure. Not an especially difficult course, but has some challenges here and there. I shot -8 with average/normal/breezy settings. I am not really that good of a golfer on the computer so keep that in mind. I think it is hard to get realistic trees with only 8 bit graphics to work with - somehow Brian has pulled it off well. My only criticism would be of the pano - might need some adjusting if you are planning on using it in a new course with different textures. My opinions, your mileage will vary. :)
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Re: Bull's Eye Country Club by Brian Zager

Post by BrianZ111 »

Happy to hear you liked the course. If you found Bull's Eye to be on the easy side you'll probably find most of my other courses easy. They are almost all real course renditions. I made fictional green contours for Bull's Eye so I think that actually makes that course a bit tougher. I personally consider The Ridges my best course so if you're looking for another one to try go there next. I did a lot more custom art for The Ridges then I did with Bull's Eye and almost all of the textures blend so there's no hard edges. This was something I tried to do in Bull's Eye but hadn't quite figured it all out yet. The pano sky is the Gloucester pano and I modified the bottom with a shrunk down screenshot of the trees and textures used so it would seamlessly blend. I used the same approach for the pano in The Ridges.
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Re: Bull's Eye Country Club by Brian Zager

Post by sandwedge »

Yes, I like this course a lot - reminds me so much of a course my dad and I used to play when I was younger. I will definitely check out The Ridges - working my way through the list of courses at the moment. You have some real talent - thanks so much for your contribution!!!