PGA 2000 using in Windows 7

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
Ben IA
Range Rookie

PGA 2000 using in Windows 7

Post by Ben IA »

After installing Windows 7 I installed PGA2000. Now when I swing with True swing my golfer falls down. I know there are other issues with Windows 7 such as playing in Kali but I am just experimenting with my newer computer. Is PGA 2000 soon to become history after XP goes kaput? When I tried Help, it said Windows 7 would not work in Help. Thanks for any ideas you can give me. Ben
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: PGA 2000 using in Windows 7

Post by SteveHorn »

If you are using true swing your settings may be set to the opposite of what your swing is. Horizontal or vertical. Also a new mouse can change things dramaticly. Also your mouse settings may need adjusted in your control panel. It may be set to fast. Hope this helps.
spencerturner
Scratch Golfer

Post by spencerturner »

Steve is right about the swing settings. Check to see if it is set for vertical or horizontal . If you use a straight edge as most do( I dont) you will want to set it on vertical. Spencer.
Diguelo
Chronic Slicer

Post by Diguelo »

Dont forget to run the game by amending the properties.

quick 101
Right click on game link
Select Properties
Tick Run as administrator (this negates the mouse issue)
On compatability tab tick box and run as Windows XP SP3
Click apply
Click ok

Hope this helps.
Ben IA
Range Rookie

Post by Ben IA »

Thanks for the replies gents. The cure was to slow down the mouse speed. Now it will not start a new game from the Tee off Screen unless I do the old install and use my disc to play the game.
Ben
kmath47471
Novice

Post by kmath47471 »

I have been playing pga 2000 since I got it in 2001. Love it. I just went to windows 7. the graphics are unreal. The size of everything is 5 times larger. I had to do some tweaks to get the course manager to work, but I did make it work just fine. Not sure about you all, but pga 2000 for Windows 7 is a whole new perspective.

Ken