Hi

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
alantoft
Novice

Hi

Post by alantoft »

I have just found this site after many years away from PGA2000. I designed a few courses in the late 1990's - including Lagalochan Bay, Kilmory Links and Glenmoye G C.
I also designed one of the courses, Tulaichean Bay, for the PGA Championship Golf Titanium Edition.
I have recently had to buy a new computer and decided on Windows 8 even though I knew that most of my games wouldn't work. In desperation to find one that would I tried PGA2000 and was surprised to find that it worked without any problems. I have enjoyed the last couple of days playing some of the old PGA courses and trying to remember my own.
Stan Nehilla
Legend of Golf

Re: Hi

Post by Stan Nehilla »

Alan,

It's great that you found us . Hope the designing juices start flowing.
Stan
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Wow nice to see and old familiar name! I remember playing Tulaichean Bay quite a bit when I first got the game. (I stayed on PGA 99 until after the titanium version came out). You also did Carnoustie as I remember. Welcome Alan, I hope you can stick around.
alantoft
Novice

Post by alantoft »

Thanks guys for the welcome. It's been nice playing the old courses again.
I'd forgotten about Carnoustie so I downloaded it and played it again last night. Thanks for the reminder.
I may have a go at another course but no promises.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

Hi Alan,
Welcome back with the lost boys.
For what it's worth, I still consider Carnoustie as one of the best courses available.
I have attempted to recreate most of the courses on the Open Championship rota, but haven't seen the need to try to redo Carnoustie.

Doesn't need it, still looks good and plays hard.

A classic.
alantoft
Novice

Post by alantoft »

Polslad wrote:Hi Alan,
Welcome back with the lost boys.
For what it's worth, I still consider Carnoustie as one of the best courses available.
I have attempted to recreate most of the courses on the Open Championship rota, but haven't seen the need to try to redo Carnoustie.

Doesn't need it, still looks good and plays hard.

A classic.
Thanks for the compliment.
I have been fortunate to play all but 2 of the Open courses and Carnoustie is my favourite. After the amount of time I spent on Carnoustie I didn't feel I could give the same amount of time on doing the others.
I will have to start downloading and play a few of your Open courses.