Difficulties

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
DarkShockBro
Range Rookie

Difficulties

Post by DarkShockBro »

I am attempting to work with the course creator / editor, but I am experiencing quite a few issues. I know to use the spacebar to create objects, along with how to supposedly create a tee and overall hole, yet when I hit 'play', I am not put on the first tee, in spite of me creating a simple hole with a tee, fairway, and green with a pin. To add, when I hit test, the game goes to a strange first-person perspective, the camera goes crazy, and I can't go back and edit once more. I have looked at the manual, and it's helped me a bit, but these two problems are preventing me from continuing to make golf courses. Can anyone help? I appreciate it.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Re: Difficulties

Post by BrianZ111 »

You need to have at least one tee, green, and pin assigned to a hole number to play it. To do this you right click on the tee shape and choose Edit > Assign Tee to Hole and add a new hole or pick an existing hole number. Then do the same for the green shape only now it's Edit > Assign Green to Hole. To place a pin right click on your green where you want the pin and go to Add > Add Pin to Hole and choose the hole number. You can move the pin later by dragging it.

Test is just a first person view where you can walk around with the WASD keys. Push the Esc key to get out of this mode. You can right click anywhere in the editor and choose Add > Set Test Start Position to change the start location of this.

You can also push Ctrl+F1 while in either play or test mode to move around more freely above the ground to any position. In this mode you use the arrow keys or Shift+Arrow keys to move faster. Push Ctrl+F1 again to get out of this mode. If you forget to get out of this mode and push Esc to exit while in it you will return to the editor in this mode. To get out of it then you need to push Ctrl+F1 and then right click the mouse to get the mouse cursor back.