Viper
Tour Contender

Re: Win 10 solution for PGA 2000!

Post by Viper »

BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Is this fix something we can host on the site or does narzoul prefer we link to it? or I guess you made a slight change to if for PGA so we have to host it? But is there a link for credit to the source?

I prefer to link to the source unless we have permission to host from the source or the source has disappeared.

Same for the manual. Is this your own scan or is there a source to link to?

Thanks!
Viper
Tour Contender

Post by Viper »

BrianZ111 wrote:Is this fix something we can host on the site or does narzoul prefer we link to it? or I guess you made a slight change to if for PGA so we have to host it? But is there a link for credit to the source?

I prefer to link to the source unless we have permission to host from the source or the source has disappeared.

Same for the manual. Is this your own scan or is there a source to link to?

Thanks!
You can host both.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

OK, these are now both posted in the utilities section. Since there was no readme or instructions with the DXWrap file, I put a link to this thread in the notes next to the file.
Viper
Tour Contender

Post by Viper »

BrianZ111 wrote:OK, these are now both posted in the utilities section. Since there was no readme or instructions with the DXWrap file, I put a link to this thread in the notes next to the file.
Are you sure? I can't see them.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Viper! I checked it out in the utilities section of PGA2000 it's there. Also a big "thank you" :up: to you for figuring out this fix on windows 10. WELL DONE
Viper
Tour Contender

Post by Viper »

SteveHorn wrote:Viper! I checked it out in the utilities section of PGA2000 it's there. Also a big "thank you" :up: to you for figuring out this fix on windows 10. WELL DONE
No worries Steve, I'm totally loving this game and despite it making no difference to me if it worked on Win 10 or not, others shouldn't miss out. The game needs to be kept alive.
Yes, it is there...now. lol
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Sometimes you have to hit refresh on your browser if a page was just recently updated because your browser is still pulling the page from its cache from the last time you visited it.
Viper
Tour Contender

Post by Viper »

If people can post how the game is working for them would be helpful.
Please mention if you are running any compatibility modes.
At the moment I can only gauge how things are working by what is happening on my PC.
Viper
Tour Contender

Post by Viper »

I've updated the opening post to now suggest Win 8 as the best compatibility mode.
I found Win 7 did crash PGA 2000 as does running no compatibility mode. So far I have not had PGA 2000 crash under Win 8 and it does appear far more stable. The game is functioning perfectly in all other respects.

I will update the thread further if anything changes. Compatibility modes are a work in progress...