Augusta anyone?

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Augusta anyone?

Post by sandwedge »

Probably not a place to post this but the look of Augusta in TW 2012 is pretty amazing. The Headgate guys know their stuff I guess (or have they left EA Sports now?). Just think, if those guys had stuck it out with PGA 2000. Anybody here going to take the plunge and pick up a copy or are you guys all strictly PC gamers? I'm not getting a copy - can't see owning a machine just to play games on. I wish the interest (or money to be made?) was still in the PC market but I guess those days are gone forever :( Anyways, what are your thoughts on TW 2012 and the chance to play Augusta in 3D?
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Re: Augusta anyone?

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

Zero interest.
Polslad
Legend of Golf

Post by Polslad »

Wouldn't buy anything with his name on it.
Stan Nehilla
Legend of Golf

Post by Stan Nehilla »

Not interested.
Stan
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

I have never played TW. No interest here.
Dar
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

I have played Tiger Woods a few times. Only have one version on XBox and have no interest in buying another. Its just not for me. Its made for the casual gamer. Way to easy.
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

You make a good point Steve. After all, the whole point of playing a course like Augusta is the challenge of the world's greatest course (in many people's opinions - not mine, but that is another post :) ). The history would not be the history without it would it?!

Polsdad, your version of Augusta for our game is choice by the way. For those who have not played a round on it yet, I would highly encourage you to download it. Although it is not in 3D, you certainly have the illusion and the feel of the course on a typical April day.

Sorry, if the question offended anyone - was just curious I guess. I have played a little more at Augusta lately than usual with the Masters coming up and so the promos for the new TW game caught my eye - just wishing we could bring PGA 2000 into the world of complete 3D. Thanks for the input - I feel better about not buying it now :laugh:

As for Tiger and his recent escapades - yeah it does kind of sour your stomach a little. I guess, I see it as a result of him not really having a relationship of substance with the Lord. If that relationship exists and is cultivated, then all other relationships will be as they ought to be. I do not think "religion" will help Tiger but I do believe that the Lord can - but that is not a choice he is willing to make at this point - Buddha is not God. Sad for him and sad for his family and sad for the world of golf - just an empty, hollow life that no golf competition will ever fill.
Robert D. Wagers
Shotmaker

Post by Robert D. Wagers »

yeah I bought TW for the Xbox and it was "a joke!" Way too easy! Was more of an arcade game than a golf sim!

I think Tiger Woods is nothing more than a "cautionary-tale" now! I always thought something was "off" with him!
I would watch TV and see him cuss (G-D-it) and spit while on TV.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

I'm probably going to break down and buy it simply because I want to see Augusta with the Xbox 360 graphics. The only way TW is enjoyable is to turn off all of the 'help' items, like the putting line, power ups, and spin. With lightning fast greens, long rough and some wind, shooting in the 60's is a good round. It's hard to make cuts in tournys. However, if I leave all of the 'help' items on, I can shoot close to 40 and get mad when I don't eagle every hole.
J.J.
Chronic Slicer

Post by J.J. »

I've been playing TW10 (xmas present) on the Wii on and off for the last year or so and found that if you crank up the difficulty settings it's quite addictive, although the graphics are not the best. They've finally managed to get Augusta for TW12 so for that reason alone I will buy it. Still dabbling with the PGA2K architect and firing up the occasional course for an off-line 18 :)