Registrations

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
Stan Nehilla
Legend of Golf

Re: Registrations

Post by Stan Nehilla »

:bump:

When you Google PGA 2000 - MyGolfer shows

When you Google MyGolfer - it shows information that it serves the PGA 2000 Community.

When you Google Golf Sim or Golf Sim Clubhouse - nothing shows that you can get the game or courses re: PGA 2000

If we can get this corrected somehow, especially if the game is offered FREE. I think we can get more registrations. There are no longer any golf games being developed for PCs that has the ball graphics of this game. It should help.

I'm sure one of us can come up with an answer.
Stan
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

The best way to get a higher page rank in Google is to get other websites linking to your site. You could go around and post links to the site at other forums. We would want to avoid appearing like we are spamming sites though. That is why you see a lot of forum spam, not just to get people at the forum to click on it but also to get a higher page rank. I guess the best thing to do would be to post in places where you think there might be others interested. Posting it in social media networks like Facebook or Twitter would also probably help. Putting a link to the site in your profiles at sites where you have accounts like that may help too. I don't really have time right now to go around promoting the site but if anyone here wants to do that, please go right ahead.

Some of it may just be out of our hands for a while until we build more of a reputation though. I have a golf stats spreadsheet that I first put on my site 3 years ago, it was way at the bottom on Google for a long time. I haven't done a thing to promote it but it is now the number one result when you type Golf Stats Spreadsheet. The downloads of it have increased quite a bit and I've even gotten a few e-mails from people using it recently. All of the traffic is coming from Google and not direct links so it's a bit of a mystery to me. The only thing I can figure is over time enough people clicked on it that Google's algorithm saw it as useful and slowly moved it up in rank to where it is today.
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

Posted on a yahoo! article earlier today:

Yes you can play Augusta, and like Tiger you can shoot 20 or 30 under par with this game. Just click on power stroke and make those 500 yard drives.
But if you want to play Augusta (and 1600 other courses) on a game that makes you both think and work (yes, I know it's just a game) try the old PGA2000 Championship Golf by Sierra Sports. No frills, just a good old fashioned game that's about as close to real as any game has ever been. Designed by Headgate Labs, the same people who brought you TWGolf by EA.
Check it out for free. http://www.golfsimclubhouse.com/pga2000/
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Indy! NICE
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

So could we spam Mygolfer to get more hits?

Just a thought :/

Doron
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

I would guess that links from different sites would be more important than a bunch from one site. People used to game the system by creating sites called link farms that were basically just thousands of links to other sites with the only purpose being to increase the page rank of those sites. You don't see that as much now so I would guess Google's algorithm places importance on the rank of the site or page linking to you too now.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

I added us to the Wikipedia entry for PGA 2000: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PGA_Championship_Golf. There was a brief line about MyGolfer in there before that I took out.
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

Good job Brian. I never even thought of that. I have mentioned the game on several other sites I visit and Greg does also, but no one has shown interest in it except for a few people who said they played it "a long time ago."
spencerturner
Scratch Golfer

Post by spencerturner »

The one thing that continues to puzzle me is with all these new registrations I never see anyone new in the Kali Lobbies. I see the same 5 or 6 names each evening . It never changes. Spencer.
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

About 18 months ago, a number of people from the Links golf site expressed interest in PGA2000. About 40 new people ended up registering for MyGolfer at that time.

This morning, I put up a post on their site advising them of our new site and invited them to join us here.

Hopefully, we might get a few new members out of this... we'll see.

Dar :cheers: