2022-23 PGA tour/Worldswing tour, play recorded rounds with Tarheel (schedule with links in first post)

Any JN series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Re: 2022-23 PGA tour/Worldswing tour, play recorded rounds with Tarheel (schedule with links in first post)

Post by tarheel »

PGA WEEK THIRTY-NINE
The Genesis Scottish Open

Its time for some international play and many of the elite players leave this week and next for the British Isles and Scotland. This weekend, the tour is playing Renaissance Club, in North Berwick, Scotland. This is an event that many of the players use to get ready for next weeks Open Championship, to be held at Royal Liverpool.

I love this quote from the PGA website:
Links golf is perhaps the truest form of the game – and perhaps the worthiest of challenges.
and
"When it comes to playing links golf, a savvy blend of skill and imagination is required."
Rickie Fowler, who won the 2015 Genesis Scottish Open, called links golf his “favorite” style of golf. Ditto Tiger Woods.
<I enjoy this type of golf because it is creative, and you have to use your mind. We’re not going to get the most perfect bounces. A certain shot that is hit where you think is a wonderful shot down the middle of the fairway could bounce some weird way. That’s just part of it,> Woods said in 2018 prior to The Open at Carnoustie. <That’s the fun challenge of it.>

This week and next challenge players with exactly this and all the drama of weather, winds, deep rough, uneven lies and sometimes expansive difficult greens.

I had many great choices for JN6 to use as a substitute for the missing Renaissance Club, and ended up going with four rounds at North Head. I still remember in 11/2000 when Jay Johnson released this course. It looks as good and fresh now as it did back then. I think it was ahead of its time and the designer had a particular eye to making this type of course. Its a par 70, 6529 yard links course which is a must play if you have never played it before.

THE TOURNAMENT

CONDITIONS :thumbsup:
Round 1: Strong - Normal - Pin 1
Round 2: Medium - Soft - Pin 2
Round 3: Strong - Soft - Pin 3 - 60% Fog
Round 4: Gusty - Normal - Pin 4

18” gimmes (although I’m not taking them)
No mulligans
BLACK tees
Medium or faster meter
I am playing each round once and taking what I get

-------> https://www.golfsimclubhouse.com/jack/j ... h_Head.zip

:golf:
Tarheel’s event hcp: 7
Tarheel's .round files Image
Hole 13, a short par 4 with difficulties if you go for it without skill

Hole 14, along the shoreline to the left

Second shot on the hole 6 par 5

Return to season schedule: http://golfsimclubhouse.com/forum/view ... 443#p11443
Attachments
north_head-splash.jpg
(21.05 KiB) Not downloaded yet
north_head-hole13_shortpar4.jpg
(195.17 KiB) Not downloaded yet
north_head-hole14_alongcoast.jpg
(236.31 KiB) Not downloaded yet
north_head-hole6_secondshot_par5.jpg
(186.21 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by tarheel on July 16th, 2023, 8:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Re: 2022-23 PGA tour/Worldswing tour, play recorded rounds with Tarheel (schedule with links in first post)

Post by BradTheDad »

Hi Brad,

thought I'd have a crack while I was waiting on the Old Timers to get their rounds done. Haven't played in strong winds for quite some time, so this was really fun. As per usual, there was nothing between us all the way, with just one hole making the final difference.

Cheers

Brad
Attachments
North Head - Brad The Dad - PGA Tour - Rd 1.round
(25.87 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

I'll watch our game!

My second round, had one of my greatest all time holes, followed by one of my worst all time holes.
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

PGA WEEK FORTY
The Open Championship

Time to go to the British Open, or simply "the Open Championship"

This year its Royal Liverpool from Tall Al, who gave us, in the past, many creations worth playing such as Carnoustie, Royal Birkdale, and Old Head just to name a few. This is a par 72 course, based on the real thing, and it was last played in the open in 2014. In 1930, Bobby Jones won this on his way to the grand slam. Last year, the Open was held at the old course at St. Andrews.

According to wiki:
"The Open is the oldest golf tournament in the world, and one of the most prestigious. Founded in 1860, it was originally held annually at Prestwick Golf Club in Scotland. Later the venue rotated between a select group of coastal links golf courses in the United Kingdom. It is organized by the R&A."

Royal Liverpool is the second oldest seaside course in the England. Hey, and Liverpool gave us the Beatles too...not a bad track record!

Please do note that this version of the course starts on hole 17 and finishes on hole 16 as it did during the championship of the year represented.

THE TOURNAMENT

Round 1: Medium - Normal - Pin 3
Round 2: Strong - Normal - Pin 2
Round 3: Medium - Normal - Pin 5
Round 4: Medium - Soft - Pin 4 - 40% Fog

No mulligans
BLACK tees
Medium or faster meter

-------> http://www.golfsimclubhouse.com/jack/jn ... l_2006.zip

Hole 9, (which is really hole 7), par 3 from the tee

Hole 18, which is really hole 16, from the green back

Hole 4, which is really hole 2, on the approach shot.

Return to season schedule: http://golfsimclubhouse.com/forum/view ... 443#p11443
Attachments
Royal_liverpool-splash.jpg
(18.59 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Royal_liverpool-hole9(7)-par3.jpg
(195.8 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Royal_liverpool-hole18(16)-fromgreen-par5.jpg
(227.57 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Royal_liverpool-hole4(2)-approach-par4.jpg
(203.53 KiB) Not downloaded yet
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

PGA WEEK FORTY-ONE
The 3M Open

This weekend play is at TPC Twin Cities in Blaine, Minnesota. A purse of $7.8 million dollars is available to buy someone a trinket or two. This tournament debuted in July of 2019. Last year's win was by Tony Finau.

Golden Bear Challenge did not get an invite to this golf course, so some of the tour players are taking a trip over to Russ Payne's Jackie Hammond National GC in Bermidji, Minnesota. Made in 2002, this course is a fictional course and 7013 yards, par 71. It promises to be a challenge with tight fairways, and difficult greens.

Enjoy!

THE TOURNAMENT

Round 1: Mild - Normal - Pin 2
Round 2: Medium - Normal - Pin 3
Round 3: Medium - Normal - Pin 4
Round 4: Medium - Normal - Pin 5

No mulligans
BLACK tees
Medium or faster meter

-------> http://www.golfsimclubhouse.com/jack/jn ... d_natl.zip

Hole 16, par 4, view back from the green. Difficult tee shot puts you right in the sand or potentially over in the wild grass.

Hole 3, par 4 from the tee, showing one of many tight tee shots

Hole 17, par 3, the signature hole with its true island green. Not far, but tricky green slopes.

Attachments
jackie_hammond-hole16_par4-fromgreen.jpg
(214.39 KiB) Not downloaded yet
jackie_hammond-hole3_par4-tightfairways.jpg
(233.05 KiB) Not downloaded yet
jackie_hammond-hole17_par3.jpg
(221.08 KiB) Not downloaded yet
jackie_hammond-splash.jpg
(22.87 KiB) Not downloaded yet
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

PGA WEEK FORTY-TWO
The Wyndham Championship

This is the final week of the PGA regular season! Its been quite a ride so far in the real world and on my season. This event, the Wyndham Championship, started 85 years ago, when it was called the Greater Greensboro Open. At the age of 52, Sam Snead set PGA Tour records in 1965 for his eighth win at an event and as the oldest winner of a tournament, both records still stand. It has been played at several sites in the Greensboro area, but Sedgefield has hosted on and off since the beginning, with continuous use since 2007 when the Wyndham Championship was established as the new name.

This is the last event for players on the bubble to try to score enough points to make the fedex playoffs and keep their eligibility next year.

We are fortunate that Sedgefield CC is given to us as a real world course in JN6. The course is a Ross design, par 70, 7127 yards. Juan Menestrina designed our version which is a par 71 course, 7148 yard challenge, created in 2009. The greens are fair and the fairways long and moderately narrow. Depending on the wind, the challenge is usually moderate.

Enjoy!

THE TOURNAMENT

Round 1: Medium - Soft - Pin 1 - 50%fog
Round 2: Medium - Soft - Pin 2
Round 3: Mild - Normal - Pin 5
Round 4: Medium - Hard - Pin 3

No mulligans
BLACK tees
Medium or faster meter

-------> http://www.golfsimclubhouse.com/jack/jn ... efield.zip

Hole 2, par 4. The approach can be obstructed with poor strategy.

Hole 16 from the tee. Par 3

One of a few water holes, this par 5, 15th from the green back is handsome

Attachments
sedgefield-splash.jpg
(29.53 KiB) Not downloaded yet
sedgefield-hole2_par4_approach.jpg
(233.88 KiB) Not downloaded yet
sedgefield-hole16_par3.jpg
(179.68 KiB) Not downloaded yet
sedgefield-hole15_par5_fromgreen.jpg
(170.12 KiB) Not downloaded yet
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

PGA WEEK FORTY-THREE
The FedEx Playoffs, St Jude Championship

This is the postseason for the PGA. Three weeks of playoffs to determine that FedEx cup champion. Week 1 is being held in Memphis, TN at TPC Southwind. Dale Somerfelt delivered this course to JN6 in 2000. His version is 7049 yds and par 71 and since that time the real course has evolved into a par 70, 7243 yard competition. Dale offered us many courses since back in JNSE. A few other courses to look at of his:
Pinery Narrows
Sagebrush
TPC Heron Bay
Cathedral Rock
TPC at Waterloo

just naming a few

The FedEx competition was first played in 2007 and was first announced in 2005. It brought a playoff system to the PGA. The 125 players making it to the playoffs retain their tour card for the next season. The field is cut to 70 in round 2 and then 30 for the final competition. From wiki:

"The Tour Championship features a strokes-based system (FedEx Cup Starting Strokes) instituted for the first time in 2019. The FedEx Cup points leader after the first two Playoffs events begins the Tour Championship at 10-under par. The No. 2 player will start at 8 under. The No. 3 player starts at 7 under; the No. 4 player starts at 6 under; the No. 5 player starts at 5 under. Players 6–10 start at 4 under; players 11–15 start at 3 under; players 16–20 start at 2 under; players 21–25 start at 1 under; and players 26–30 start at even par.[6] At the Tour Championship, the player with the lowest aggregate score over 72 holes when combined with his FedEx Cup Starting Strokes wins the Tour Championship and is also crowned FedEx Cup champion. The Tour Championship win is considered an official victory and the FedEx Cup champion also earns a bonus of $18 million and a five-year PGA Tour exemption."

Enjoy!

THE TOURNAMENT

Round 1: Medium - Soft - Pin 1
Round 2: Mild - Normal - Pin 4
Round 3: Medium - Normal - Pin 3
Round 4: Medium - Hard - Pin 2

No mulligans
BLACK tees
Medium or faster meter

-------> http://www.golfsimclubhouse.com/jack/jn ... thwind.zip

Tarheel’s event hcp: 8
Hole 3, par 5 with a choice of fairway approaches on either side of water hazard.

Hole 8 from the green back towards the tee. Not a long par 3.

Hole 18, par 4 with a classic golf hole with a choice for a long carry over water to shorten the hole or play it safe over the dry land

Attachments
southwind-splash.jpg
(24.32 KiB) Not downloaded yet
southwind-hole3_par5_choice.jpg
(189.1 KiB) Not downloaded yet
southwind-hole8_par3_fromgreen.jpg
(230.72 KiB) Not downloaded yet
southwind-hole18_par4_riskit.jpg
(241.17 KiB) Not downloaded yet
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

PGA WEEK FORTY-FOUR
The FedEx Playoffs, BMW Championship

We arrive at the penultimate event in the PGA season. This is the second week of the FedEx playoffs, to decide who will make it to the finals next weekend. Again, I'm pleased we can play a real course version of the tour course, and this time its at Olympia Fields, North Course in Olympia Fields, Illinois. This course was made by Tom Allinder in 2003 and is par 70, 7190 yards. Really great version of the real thing. In the intervening 20 years, the real course has moved to 7366 yards but remains par 70.

Check out his other fantastic courses:
Cherry Hills
Azalea Hills
Hazeltine National
The Olympic Club (with Antes)

The top 50 PGA players after last weeks St. Judes Championship are competing in this one. The top 30 after this event will move on to the FedEx championship. Last season, Cantlay won this event at Wilmington Country Club. He also won the previous year at Caves Valley Golf Club.

How will you do?

THE TOURNAMENT

Round 1: Medium - Normal - Pin 3
Round 2: Mild - Normal - Pin 4
Round 3: Strong - Hard - Pin 1
Round 4: Mild - Hard - Pin 5

No mulligans
BLACK tees
Medium or faster meter

-------> http://www.golfsimclubhouse.com/jack/jn ... fields.zip

Tarheel’s event hcp: 8
Par 3 #7 from the tee

Hole 13, par 4, dogleg seen from the green back to the tee

If you hit a bad tee shot, you dance with the river on this approach, hole 8, par 4.

Attachments
olympic_fields-splash.jpg
(19.12 KiB) Not downloaded yet
olympic_fields-hole7_par3_from-tee.jpg
(238.97 KiB) Not downloaded yet
olympic_fields-hole13_par4_from-green.jpg
(232.11 KiB) Not downloaded yet
olympic_fields-hole8_par4_from-badtee.jpg
(235.87 KiB) Not downloaded yet
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

PGA WEEK FORTY-FIVE
The FedEx Playoffs, Tour Championship (part 1)

This is the one for all bragging rights. Thirty players remain to fight for the crown of PGA Tour Champion. Last year, Rory laid his claim down, and will start within shooting distance of defending, but ahead of him are Scheffler and Hovaland. The venue, East Lake Golf Club is in Atlanta, GA and its a fantastic looking course, a challenging par 70, 7346 yards. The course record, set by Tiger Woods for four days remains 257 back in 2007. Should be exciting to watch.

For our tour, we have to substitute since we don't have East Lake, however, I found a beautiful course to play which should be great fun. The course is Wolf Creek Golf Club by Mark Williams. If you have been playing on tour with me, note that we played his The Glen at Pleasant Hill week 27 for the Zurich Classic back in April. Wolf Creek is located in Atlanta, GA, to keep our golfing in the same zip code as the real event. This is a fictional woodland course, 7039 yards, par 72, and offers plenty of water with the creek winding its way through the 18 holes and was released in 2006.

Mark also released
Colleton River
Monterey Point
Red Creek CC
Mountain Lakes CC
Shinnecock Hills

THE TOURNAMENT

Round 1: Mild - Soft - Pin 1
Round 2: Medium - Normal - Pin 2
Round 3: see part 2
Round 4: see part 2

No mulligans
BLACK tees
Medium or faster meter

-------> http://golfsimclubhouse.com/jack/jn6/fi ... eek_gc.zip

Tarheel’s event hcp: 9
Hole 14, par 3 from the green

Hole 17, par 4, from the tee

Hole 15, par 4, dogleg left, seen from midway down the right of fairway towards the green

Attachments
Wolf-creek_hole14-par3-fromgreen.jpg
(208.66 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Wolf-creek_splash.jpg
(24.69 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Wolf-creek_hole17-par4-fromtee.jpg
(287.72 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Wolf-creek_hole15-par4-doglegfromfairway.jpg
(223.38 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by tarheel on August 26th, 2023, 12:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Galen_Golf4676
Club Champion

Post by Galen_Golf4676 »

https://hamhoctours.com/course_depot2.htm

It was available here until the files were somehow deleted.