Old Timers Competition

Any JN series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Re: Old Timers Competition

Post by tarheel »

Corrected Round 3.

As time will get tight, I went ahead and replayed with the RIGHT conditions this time. Much different result thats for sure!
Attachments
Albermarle Golf Club - Tarheel 3 med soft 4.round
(25.77 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

gtejoe wrote: October 4th, 2022, 6:50 pm Opps, looks like I played round 4 :wow:

Rd 4

randy
I think you actually played the right round 3 here and convinced yourself otherwise!

The one you posted later as round 3 is using conditions for Quail Hollow. I messed up and played the later one with you and made the same mistake ;).

Bradthedad played the former with you for round 3 (which you thought was round 4) and it worked out just fine as round 3.

So, to sum up, I think all you need do now is play the real round 4!
Charlie
Shotmaker

Post by Charlie »

Just played R1 and R2 at Quail Hollow.

I am rusty, not just playing but remembering to turn things on or off. I have no round file for R1, but I do for R2. I have game files for both, so I will post what I have. I also failed to turn off mulligans or gimmes, but I knew not to use them, so I played without using them. I will try to get the other 2 rounds played shortly.
Quail Hollow Club - CharlieR2.round
(26.27 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
Charlie QH R2.zip
(11.06 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Thanks Charlie,

welcome to our little group. I'll start entering your data to get you your initial handicap. I'm still trying to convince myself that my calculation method is logical.
Randy, Brad and I are communicating a lot via email, so if you could send your email address to me at bflanag@bigpond.net.au we will include you in all future correspondence.

Cheers

Brad
Charlie
Shotmaker

Post by Charlie »

R3 and R4 scores.

Do I have to turn off mulligans and gimmes before every round? I turned them off once, but the game made them available again in a later round?

I don't use them, but it is annoying for them to keep popping up.
Quail Hollow Club - Charlie R3.round
(26.91 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
Quail Hollow Club - Charlie4.round
(27.86 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
Never mind: Apparently you have to start a game after turning them off for the settings to stick. I must have turned them off and exited. I probably knew this at one time.
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

Charlie, GREAT to have you aboard!

I'm using no mulligans and 18" gimmes. We never really discussed it, but I would think these are reasonable settings.

I think what we are shooting for here is just to have some round files to play with one another to get that feeling of 'playing with someone' and to make sure we are all having fun!

(Ps. Which is exactly the point of my pga series in another thread…trying to give people that old JN6 feeling that somebody is out there playing with you. I miss our old community!)
Charlie
Shotmaker

Post by Charlie »

Thanks, Brad.

Can you post the conditions for all 4 rounds at Albermarle? I'm having some trouble deciphering them from this thread.

Thanks,

Charlie
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

@Albemarle
Rd 1: Med/Norm/pin 2
Rd 2: Mild/Hard/Pin 5
Rd 3: Medium/Slow/Pin 4
Rd 4: Mild/Normal/Pin 3
Charlie
Shotmaker

Post by Charlie »

Got it, thanks! :up:
Charlie
Shotmaker

Post by Charlie »

R1 at Albermarle. I'm not very competitive, but it was fun to play against someone again. My swing is too unpredictable, but maybe things will improve with some more play.
Albermarle Golf Club - Charlie R1.round
(26.29 KiB) Downloaded 41 times