Fishers Island NY, Chicago golf course

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Fishers Island NY, Chicago golf course

Post by tarheel »

Golden bear challenge is very well represented in the top 25 courses in the world by a list I found on Golf.com. Coming in at #16 is Fisher’s Island. Anyone done it or a course inspired by it that anyone is aware of? It is available for pga 2000
Accessible by ferry or air, this exclusive retreat off the Connecticut coast is populated by the oldest of the Old Money crowd, many of whom still enjoy hoofing it. Why wouldn’t they, given the classic Seth Raynor design that tracks along the island’s northeast edge, the delightful tumbling terrain and the spectacular views of Long Island Sound. The 3rd, 4th and 5th are as intoxicating as any three-hole stretch on the eastern seaboard. Fishers joined our World Top 100 at No. 73 in 1989 — and has never looked back.

Likewise #19 is Chicago GC, anyone w something like this?
One of the five founding members of the United States Golf Association in 1894, Chicago Golf was the site of the nation’s first 18-hole course; it also was the first course outside of the Northeast to play host to the U.S. Open. Seth Raynor retooled his mentor C.B. Macdonald’s course in 1923 and not much has changed since as its slew of exemplary template holes make it just as relevant today as it was in the hickory era. Holes 1 through 3, which include a Road and Biarritz template, represent one of the game’s most testing starts
Finally at #21 is Friars Head
Tree-dotted dunes, open meadows and bluff-top views of Long Island Sound highlight play at this 2003 Bill Coore-Ben Crenshaw design that Phil Mickelson has called his favorite modern course. Holes such as the par-5 14th call to mind an East Coast version of Cypress Point. Constant refinements, no matter how small, have helped Friar’s Head consistently climb higher in the rankings. From a presentation perspective, few courses are as dialed-in.
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Re: Fishers Island NY, Chicago golf course

Post by BradTheDad »

Hi Brad,

I don't recall seeing any of these created for JN6. I certainly don't have them in my library of courses. I also checked for Mushroom Farm and again came up empty-handed.

Cheers

Brad
ChuckH
Weekend Duffer

Post by ChuckH »

There is a version of fishers island in PGA2000 as well as in TW08
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

ChuckH wrote: October 10th, 2022, 10:28 am There is a version of fishers island in PGA2000 as well as in TW08
I will d/l for PGA and try it. Thanks!
Goran
Scratch Golfer

Post by Goran »

Didn´t Chris Clouser design this one, or a similar course? Not sure I understand the concept, but I have memories of a wild dunes course played near the ocean in US.

EDIT . Found it on my backup disk and copied to Dropbox do townload, Not sure it os what you are looking for though, it is a fictional design called Fire Island. I have 506 courses on my disk, can I upload all courses I have not present here to the server someway?

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y63uucit2055l ... ourse?dl=0
Goran
Scratch Golfer

Post by Goran »

Please let me know if it does not work for you, it is in my Public folder on Dropbox for a while
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

Thank you! I download it today. I will check and see if it is one that I already have in my library. I would really love to see screenshots of your file names for your courses. I have been trying to compare what I have with a list given to me by Randy to try to get a complete collection of old course depot courses that can eventually be put online here. I will compare your list to the ones I currently have and see if any you have are missing from the master list and I could pass them on to Randy.

Thanks!!
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Goran wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 1:35 pm I have 506 courses on my disk, can I upload all courses I have not present here to the server someway?
The upload utility on the site is only for uploading one or a few courses at a time, however I can set up an FTP account for you to upload many courses directly to server folder. Currently Galen and Randy both have accounts, let me know if you want one as well.
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

I have quite a few I can upload over time, so will be happy to get an ftp access
Goran
Scratch Golfer

Post by Goran »

I dont need an ftp account but thanks. I sent Tarheel my list of courses, and he has three times as many.