'Alainn Tr'aigh Links

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Re: 'Alainn Tr'aigh Links

Post by BradTheDad »

Hi Steve,

hope to have the hole to you this weekend or early next week. I've done most of the designing, just adding plantings and some other touches and play-testing.

Cheers

Brad
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

Guys, once I receive Brad's replacement hole for Juan and get all the holes imported into the master folder we will need some play testers. Let me know if you are interested. Thanks!

Also, if someone would like to do the course info text let me know.

I currently have 10 holes imported and the basic texture work completed. Not sure if I'm going to run into any problems importing holes 12 and 13 since they take a ridiculous amount of time it may impede the importing process which will lead us to another problem but let's wait and see. Once all holes are imported then I have to correct all textures for each hole since most used different textures here and there for aesthetics. Once that's completed then I can send out for playtesting while finishing up the over heads, course overhead and course and design screens. I've got a good jump on the hole overheads so it shouldn't take too long at all. We're almost there!
Galen_Golf4676
Club Champion

Post by Galen_Golf4676 »

The fourth hole at 'Alainn Tr'aigh Links. I decided to do something different this time by designing a fairly short par 4 with an increased risk vs. reward element. This 370 yard par four plays straight downwind and 35 feet downhill from tee to green and with a strong wind, and full power swing the green can be driven. I managed to do once. The risk element is delivered by creating a deep, gorse and boulder infested, hazardous ravine that runs left of the fairway and the green. You won't want to hit it there.

tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

I will be happy to give it a playthrough!
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

tarheel wrote: January 21st, 2023, 9:49 am I will be happy to give it a playthrough!
Brad, will mark you down as one. Probably looking for three players total. Thanks.
aristocrat48
Chronic Slicer

Post by aristocrat48 »

Count me in....be glad to play it and do anything else you need.
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

aristocrat48 wrote: January 21st, 2023, 10:53 am Count me in....be glad to play it and do anything else you need.
Thanks Bill, I'll mark you down and we'll need just one more play tester.
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Hi guys,

here's a look at Hole 11.

This hole is at the furtherest extremity of the course and you even get a look at the back part of Campbell's farm from the green.

After giving you a nice driveable Par 4 in Hole 14, this is anything but. At 509 yards, this Par 4 will really test your long play. There's a choice of two fairways. The upper fairway provides a better look at the green and flatter lies, but is a much harder target to hit. The lower fairway is easy to hit, but put it in the wrong place and the grassy knoll may block your second, or you could have a very uneven lie. Hitting the green for two doesn't guarantee a par as, with such a long approach, getting close to the pin is difficult. If you can get a four, put the ball in your pocket and walk away happy.

Cheers

Brad

Attachments
From the tee.jpg
(450 KiB) Not downloaded yet
From the upper fairway.jpg
(443.98 KiB) Not downloaded yet
From the lower fairway.jpg
(426.01 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Looking back from the green.jpg
(421.45 KiB) Not downloaded yet
JReel
Shotmaker

Post by JReel »

Fantastic stuff Brad! If you go in that front bunker it looks like you might need a tent as you could be there for a while!
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

WOW!!! All holes are in so it's time for me to get to work! Nice job guys!! I'll keep you posted on the progress.

Side note: Brad Lanagan is the third and final play tester so once I get to point where I can ship a complete course out they will get it!!