'Alainn Tr'aigh Links

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Re: 'Alainn Tr'aigh Links

Post by Sundance »

Play testers please keep the course to yourself and after we're done finalizing the course I will ask you to delete it completely. Trust me, if you don't then eventually the incomplete version which you guys currently have will find it's way to the public so a BIG THANKS to you guys for doing this!!
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

Absolutely.

I sent you an email about the course.

I really had a great time playing through it for the first time. In short, it really felt unified and I could have been told it was just one designer and not have questioned...it was that tight.

Everyone who contributed has such incredible talent with this designer.
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

Gentlemen,
The course is completed, handicaps set and all screens added. I left the course info and design info brief and to the point and since there is no text file included all credits in design info. Please forgive me if I forgot someone or something but I went through all the notes and emails and hopefully gave credit where credit was deserved. Again let me remind the play testers to delete the incompleted version of our course. I will U/L the final version to GolfSimClubhouse.Com today as well as informing Brian that it is ready for posting. Expect that to take several days though. Thank you all for your participation and help through this process and for the most part your patience. I sent all designers and play testers the link so you have immediate access.
And with this Gentlemen, I bid you adieu!!
JReel
Shotmaker

Post by JReel »

Thanks so much for organizing Steve! We all greatly appreciate it!
Goran
Scratch Golfer

Post by Goran »

Nice Steve, thanks for setting everything up for us with good objects, textures and the magnificent horizon. I think you said one of your aim was to get designers on their feet and you certainly did that to me, could not stop myself. Only sorry I missed the opportunity to contribute a second hole, was too late on the ball. I had one ready, but it went into my own course :)
On my way to first tee now!
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Hi Steve,

thanks for everything you have done in co-ordinating this project. I can't imagine the amount of frustration you must have suffered at times. I certainly understand why you have decided against co-ordinating another group design and I hope this isn't the end of such projects. I also hope that in saying adieu, this doesn't mean the end of Sundance designs and we get to see many more great designs from one of the best this game has ever seen.

All the best, and thanks again.

Brad
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

Amen to that! I love your designs. Each is so unique and oozing personality!
John A Bernard
Weekend Duffer

Post by John A Bernard »

Thanks for all the work done Steve!
You have the pacience of a saint!

Congratulations for everybody involved in this project, you all outdone yourselves in designing this Links Course!

And yes “Brad” Hole 12 is a very long Par 5 its ment to be played in strong winds and you should try playing also from the front tees, but its a 3 shot hole… you can recover the lost strokes here with a birdie on Hole 13

Thanks for the chance of participating yet again its a great game GBC
Charlie
Shotmaker

Post by Charlie »

I toured the whole course last night for the first time, Steve. You did a masterful job pulling all of this together. The holes look like they all belong to the same course, which is quite a feat to accomplish in a group design. In addition to this being a beautiful course, it plays well too, with a lot of variety. It has been great to see so many familiar designers come out and design again. Thanks again for all your efforts on this project.
Goran
Scratch Golfer

Post by Goran »

Great fun to play this course and see the creativity of everyone involved, many different approaches but thanks to the setup all holes seem to fit in as a whole.
I am amazed that this old game still works so well, I have played around 20 rounds and designed a new course with just one crash. The original game programming must have been very solid, not many games made 24 years ago work so well. With the high resolution patch it looks almost as good as the newer golf games.