Heath 9 - work in progress

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
Goran
Scratch Golfer

Re: Heath 9 - work in progress

Post by Goran »

Thanks tarheel, I have been missing the possibility to use my creativity badly. I tried to design for pga, links and Perfect Golf. I designed a few holes but it was more like a CAD application while JN is like kneading clay, my courses broke after a short while in the other designers.

Tried some painting which I did when I was young, but lets say it did not look as good as the JN views :/

Does anyone know a good free paint application for making hole maps? I dont even remember how to make them, is there a guide?
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Hi Goran,

I use Paint Shop Pro 7. I believe you can get some older versions like mine for free and there are some tutorials available. I only have hard copies of these, which I could scan for you, but others may be able to provide the information you seek more easily.

Cheers

Brad
Goran
Scratch Golfer

Post by Goran »

I said "My new plan is to make two 9 hole courses, Heath 9 Inland Course and Heath 9 Lake Course and a full Heath 18 Combined" I will only make the two 9-holers separated in the designer I meant to say. The Inland Course is finished except for the hole maps. Started the Lake course and having fun expirimenting in the designer, never did a seaside course before and it will not come as easy lol. Looks quite daft to be honest.

But the full 18 holes course will be released if I manage to make 9 more interesting holes.
Last edited by Goran on January 11th, 2023, 4:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

With your imagination as a designer Goran, I'm sure making nine interesting holes won't be an issue.

Cheers

Brad
Goran
Scratch Golfer

Post by Goran »

Thanks Brad, updated my post while you wrote. Might not change anything, but wanted to say it bc english is not my first language and often have to edit my posts.

btw I installed Paint Shop Pro and it said I was on my 19333 day trial or someting lol
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

it takes about 25000 days to know if you like it :)
Goran
Scratch Golfer

Post by Goran »

Three holes are ready at the Lake 9 part of the course. This par 5 became an open and unplanted sand hole after the drive, was not planned but it kind of made itself.

1st image is looking back to tee after powerdriving. If the wind is low it is possible to fly this deep fairway bunker even with headwind, if not the green will be unreachable.

2nd image shows two alternative routes. A 2 iron or a 3 wood from the above landing spot to the green, or an alternative fairway above the green if the bunker in the first image can't be powerdriven.

3rd image is from the alt fairway looking to the green. And the lake :)
Must confess the lake is just an excuse for being able to make a couple of par 5s without worrying about hiding the greenline. This hole goes from one corner of the hole window to the other. The bunkers were made so large I could just randomise them, not much work.
Never managed to do such a deep bunker like the fairway bunker before, unfortunately I dont remember how I did it. Smoothed the hell out of it, too much bc it looked good without smoothing the front so much, needed a short iron to get out before I did that.

Last edited by Goran on January 18th, 2023, 6:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

Thats nice work!
JReel
Shotmaker

Post by JReel »

Great looking work Goran!
Goran
Scratch Golfer

Post by Goran »

Thanks Jeff. Found your feedback after my first course Carlsberg GC going through old stuff, two A4 pages full of advices that I kept on my desk for years when designing :)