Heath 9 - work in progress

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Re: Heath 9 - work in progress

Post by tarheel »

Put me on the players list! This is looking so nice!
Goran
Scratch Golfer

Post by Goran »

Absolutely tarheel, I think it will be the most exclusive golf club in the world though with a possible 5 members :)
EDIT and to be clear I am not talking about the standard of the course, only the small number of members lol

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimdobson/ ... a6914927e7
JReel
Shotmaker

Post by JReel »

The way the colors blend on this course is just phenomenal Goran! Nice work!
Goran
Scratch Golfer

Post by Goran »

JReel wrote: February 8th, 2023, 5:47 am The way the colors blend on this course is just phenomenal Goran! Nice work!
The textures by Charlie (same as our Alainns co-design) was one of the main reasons I got inspired to make a full course. They really blend well as you say, especially when making irregular pieces and copy and paste onto the main rough. They are so good that large pieces of the three different
yellow/lightbrown textures can replace planting hundreds of grass objects far away.
Goran
Scratch Golfer

Post by Goran »

Now I have 18 holes so I promise these are the final screenshots :)

This hole is played from the former green on the par 5 sand hole, I used what I have and made a reverse par 4 from there using the same fairway and a green from an existing par 3 in the same hole window. I know I am lazy but I planted new stuff and edited the fairway so you would never know if I did not tell lol.

Approach over a gorse hazard

The green if you did not manage to reach it, which you of course would

BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Looking forward to playing this beauty Goran! :golf:
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

Looking really cool!

I’ve decided that after my « Pga » series, I’m going to do a different « spotlight » tour where I spotlight a pair of courses each week (so two rounds on two courses each week) and this one will probably end up on it :)

Likely, I’ll try to do a pair of courses of same designer or different versions of same course by different designers.
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

This beauty is looking nice!
Goran
Scratch Golfer

Post by Goran »

I totally forgot how to make hole maps, and it took me two halfdays to make my first one lol. Transparency and flooding and 256 colors and all made my brain hurt, but my old ones always looked crap compared to others. But really happy with these, by my standards :) Made nine today, and the rest should be finished tomorrow now that I get it.

Oh no, now I see I accidently deleted the other tee box to the right of the path. Well practise makes perfect as they say, will have to remake this map or make even the old ladies tee off from here lol
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

If you need any assistance on overheads, Sundance seems to have a lock on how to get those done