Heath 9 - work in progress

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
Goran
Scratch Golfer

Re: Heath 9 - work in progress

Post by Goran »

No need for assistance now that I figured everything out myself, good for my few remaining brain cells as a retiree. It was my decision to make the overheads as small and minimalistic as possible to not obstruct the views, but still looking nice. I flood filled the fairways etc with the actual textures used on the course.
The overheads are only meant for aiming purpouses, we JN players get too much information anyway by both the arc of the ball and the oncoming aiming camera. In other games the only aiming option is to click on the hole map where you want to land, if your pga2k is the same as my Perfect Golf.
Goran
Scratch Golfer

Post by Goran »

My attempt of a Boomerang greensite

On the green

JReel
Shotmaker

Post by JReel »

Ha, I think you may have inadvertently come up with what's known as a Lion's Mouth green!

See here: https://www.top100golfcourses.com/news- ... late-holes

Looks awesome Goran!
Goran
Scratch Golfer

Post by Goran »

"Inadvertently" (a word I had to look up btw) could be a good summary of this full design, the best parts of the course probably came up that way :)

Lion's Mouth sounds even cooler than Boomerang, would be a good course name if I did not already have one.
Goran
Scratch Golfer

Post by Goran »

Course name will be Winston Heath, and not Lions Mouth although I was tempted to change it :)

tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

Inspirational! Great name. This looks like another wonderful course for a 23 year old game! Is this really your first course to be released since 2009!
Goran
Scratch Golfer

Post by Goran »

tarheel wrote: March 19th, 2023, 6:31 pm Is this really your first course to be released since 2009!
I think all my courses was designed 2000-2003 if I am not mistaken. Where can you see the release date 2009?

btw if you are anxiously wondering :) why Winston is still not released yet it is because of some esthetical improvements, and deepening a few greensite bunkers so they will be more like Charlies deep bunkers on Kilcairn Bay.
Plus I will lose all of my toys once it has been released :laugh:
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

It must have been a group design I had your name listed on, not an independent project. Well, I'm sad so many years passed by without about 100 of your projects! Time to get to work to make up the missing courses after you finish this keeper :)
Goran
Scratch Golfer

Post by Goran »

This is one of the reasons I have a hard time letting this course go, I had a totally barren land on the side of the Lions Mouth hole. It looked OK as it was but I let some sheep lose and after a few hours it was filled with critters and sheds. You can play the hole a few times without even noticing, unless you miss to the left.
A designing trick here, I made the objects 50% smaller to make them look further away than they actually are.
I am going too far now perhaps, but this is a my substitute for painting :)

Last edited by Goran on March 25th, 2023, 3:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

These are exactly the details that transition courses from enjoyable to immersion, from solid to artistic…the little things that might never come into play but make the experience feel real. I appreciate these little touches! Its something that Steve Holden is also so good at. There are a lot of good designers for JN6, but doing these little extras puts a designer into the elite.

BTW, this is one of those things I really enjoyed about your Kiawah Dunes course I played a few months ago.