Permission Request - Objects from Alainn Tr'aigh Links

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
JReel
Shotmaker

Permission Request - Objects from Alainn Tr'aigh Links

Post by JReel »

Hey guys,

Have been busy and still need to d/l the final course and get in a round. In the meantime, I am still working on another course (Sleeping Bear Downs) and would like to use some of the custom objects from Alainn Tr'aigh. Not sure who to ask for permission to use some of these as I assume they came from different sources, so asking for permission here.

The objects I'd like to use are:

3bush1.pcx
8gorse1.pcx
3grass1.pcx
7grass1.pcx
17grass1.pcx
Tree2-1.pcx
tree6-1.pcx
tree8-1.pcx
tree9-1.pcx
Tree-Stand-1.pcx
1barn1.pcx
breakers1-1.pcx
breakers2-1.pcx

If you are the creator of any of these objects (or know who is and can point me to that person), please let me know if you grant permission for their use.

Thanks!
Goran
Scratch Golfer

Re: Permission Request - Objects from Alainn Tr'aigh Links

Post by Goran »

I am almost certain most plant objects have been used for so many years that noone remembers who made them it was so long ago now. Jay Johnson and I made some grass and gorse, but have no idea and dont mind if they are in your package. And I dont think anyone would object if you use them, if you release a new course.

The buildings I am using from Alainn Traigh are new to me though, so if they were made from someone still designing I would like to give credit too if I knew who did them.
Charlie
Shotmaker

Post by Charlie »

Some of those are mine, and I agree with Goran. Feel free to use what you want Jeff.
JReel
Shotmaker

Post by JReel »

Thanks guys. Appreciate it.
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

Hey guys all objects, textures, horizons etc.... are anyones to use when donated to a group design. Most of the time there are many new objects plus a plethora of old and proven objects that go well with many styles of designs.

On a side note, Thanks to all for the kind words and Congratulations on a job well done as this design truly turned out Great! I apologize for my absence but my back started acting up and had me hobbled for a few weeks.
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Hi Steve,

glad your back issues have improved to the extent that you can rejoin the conversation here at the Forum. I was beginning to worry that you had said goodbye to GBC after the stresses of the group design.

We are playing two of your courses at the Old Timers Competition this month (Holy Grail and Snakehead) in recognition of your unbelievable contribution to this community, as a designer, a group design co-ordinator and most importantly a sage for anybody trying to learn more about this great game, particularly from a designing perspective.

Thank you for all that.

Cheers

Brad
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

Thank You Brad.
Charlie
Shotmaker

Post by Charlie »

Hey Steve, glad to see your post. I hope the back issues resolve quickly for you. You deserve all the kind words and congratulations. Group designs can be a bit like herding cats, lol. It was fun to collaborate with all these talented designers to produce such a quality course, and we all appreciate your efforts in pulling everything together.
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

Charlie wrote: February 10th, 2023, 7:35 am Hey Steve, glad to see your post. I hope the back issues resolve quickly for you. You deserve all the kind words and congratulations. Group designs can be a bit like herding cats, lol. It was fun to collaborate with all these talented designers to produce such a quality course, and we all appreciate your efforts in pulling everything together.
Thanks Charlie and it's always a pleasure working with you. BTW, those textures were spot on, just fabulous!!