Golden Gate Heights

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Golden Gate Heights

Post by Sundance »

ImageHere's a very early look at Golden Gate Heights. Views from the tee, approach and front of green. Image
Attachments
Clipboard02.jpg
(729.25 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Clipboard01.jpg
(718.84 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Re: Golden Gate Heights

Post by Sundance »

Attachments
Clipboard03.jpg
(698.44 KiB) Not downloaded yet
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

Well, sunshine in the morning! I love this! Man, can't wait for another Sundance special! :)
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

So good to see that you are still designing, Steve. :up:
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Sundance
Looks like another high-quality course in the works. I do have one suggestion; San Fran is about same longitude as Wichita Kansas. It does get cold at times in S.F. I'd remove the palm trees.
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

Hey guys just tinkering a little but wanted to use Charlies fantastic textures in a different setting. Using his core textures and supplemented them with a few of my own to blend them in. Hole one is somewhat flat but very few of the other holes will be. Have the textures and custom objects as well as the horizon just about completed but only about 7 holes laid out and a long way to go. Thanks for noticing. It looks like quite a bit of activity and some new courses in the near future so our game carries on.
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

SteveHorn wrote: March 9th, 2023, 11:30 am Sundance
Looks like another high-quality course in the works. I do have one suggestion; San Fran is about same longitude as Wichita Kansas. It does get cold at times in S.F. I'd remove the palm trees.
Steve, thanks for the comments. BTW, I don't have any palm trees in the custom objects so I'm kinda' curious where you spotted one?
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Sundance
The tallest trees with no branches and only bushy area at the top look like a palm to me. Only difference is most palms aren't quite that green. If they aren't palms, I don't know what kind of tree it is. I apologize if they're a type of tree I'm unfamiliar with. Good luck with your course.
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

SteveHorn wrote: March 10th, 2023, 11:01 am Sundance
The tallest trees with no branches and only bushy area at the top look like a palm to me. Only difference is most palms aren't quite that green. If they aren't palms, I don't know what kind of tree it is. I apologize if they're a type of tree I'm unfamiliar with. Good luck with your course.
Steve, those are tall pines. I'm using several varieties but I can see where you could think that.
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

I’m not sure how the background plays out or if allows for it, but I’m envisioning a hole along the hills along the bay with a scenic view of the bridge. This should be a really neat looking course with the terrain around San Fran.