Golden Gate Heights

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Re: Golden Gate Heights

Post by Sundance »

ImageHole 13 @ Golden Gate Heights is a 439 yard par 4. You have the option off the tee to aim for the fairway to the right which is a larger target but you need to lay up to avoid overshooting. The left fairway is a much tighter shot but allows for the longer drive and could knock off up to 30 yards on your approach. The green is protected on both the left and right front with 'pit bunkers' and of course the waste area and water is a constant. This is a fun little bayside hole with options and challenges for all.
Views from the tee, both fairway approaches, looking back from the landing area left and two green views as well.Image
Attachments
Clipboard042.jpg
(691.93 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Clipboard041.jpg
(738.46 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

ImageImage
Attachments
Clipboard044.jpg
(581.19 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Clipboard043.jpg
(628.47 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

ImageImage
Attachments
Clipboard046.jpg
(621.54 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Clipboard045.jpg
(579.78 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Jim Hall
Club Champion

Post by Jim Hall »

That is an awesome looking course! Is it just me, or are the graphics in JN6 better than those in PGA 2000? I may have to give the JN6 designer a go. Again, great job!
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

Jim Hall wrote: May 29th, 2023, 10:48 am That is an awesome looking course! Is it just me, or are the graphics in JN6 better than those in PGA 2000? I may have to give the JN6 designer a go. Again, great job!
Thanks Jim! The JN6 designer package is really unbelievable considering it's age. I learn something new with every design I do. You should really give it a shot!!
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Hi Steve,

this course just keeps getting better. I love the aesthetics and I agree with Brad H that the rockwork is fantastic; as good as I have seen on any course. We are so lucky that you keep punching them out. :up:

Cheers

Brad
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

BradTheDad wrote: June 4th, 2023, 8:00 pm Hi Steve,

this course just keeps getting better. I love the aesthetics and I agree with Brad H that the rockwork is fantastic; as good as I have seen on any course. We are so lucky that you keep punching them out. :up:

Cheers

Brad
Thanks Brad. Unfortunately we just aren't getting any new designers to keep the game going. Seems like there is just a handful of us left.
Hope you had a nice vacation, Welcome back.
Steve
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

ImageThe 460 yard par 4 14th @ Golden Gate Heights will certainly challenge the golfer. The tee shot is ever so slightly uphill and for a clear shot at the green you need every yard you can muster. Most will be faced with a blind approach that must carry the trees while avoiding the dreaded 'pit bunker' and of course the waste area and bay! Putting will be challenging but fair and par is excellent.
Views from the tee, approach, and two elevated views of the green.Image
Attachments
Clipboard048.jpg
(635.39 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Clipboard047.jpg
(684.35 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

ImageImage
Attachments
Clipboard050.jpg
(770.94 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Clipboard049.jpg
(608.55 KiB) Not downloaded yet
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

Really a string of neat holes along the bay! I could see the PGA playing this course if it existed, as part of the west coast swing