Call for Play Testers - Sleeping Bear Downs

Any JN series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
JReel
Shotmaker

Re: Call for Play Testers - Sleeping Bear Downs

Post by JReel »

Guys,

Appreciate the feedback. I really wanted this course to have challenging greens, but I'm hearing loud and clear that some of them are just a bit over the edge. So, let's hit pause on this playtest and I'm going to take a little fire out of the greens in some spots and then will get you guys an updated version to play.

I do want to say that certain of these greens are template greens that are going to be very difficult if the correct line of play is not executed (the Redan green being a good example). I did want players to have to figure out these greens and the best ways and angles to approach them as, to me, having that challenge makes a course interesting. But, like I said above, I will look at each green and pin location to make sure they're fair.

Will be back to you guys soon once I complete that process.

Thanks again!

Jeff
JReel
Shotmaker

Post by JReel »

Guys, just as a heads-up, I should have the new version uploaded tomorrow for you guys to playtest. Thanks.
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Hi Jeff,

send it over.

Cheers

Brad
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

I’m game too
JReel
Shotmaker

Post by JReel »

Thanks guys. Just now sent you the download link to the course file via DM.
JReel
Shotmaker

Post by JReel »

Guys,

I found an issue with pin #4 on the 11th hole. I've now fixed it. If you downloaded the prior version (the one that was uploaded on 10/5), please go ahead and delete that one and use the new one I uploaded tonight (see link I sent you via DM).

Thanks!
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

I will snag it tomorrow and get to testing. I have been busy with some things this last few days
JReel
Shotmaker

Post by JReel »

tarheel wrote: October 8th, 2023, 10:07 pm I will snag it tomorrow and get to testing. I have been busy with some things this last few days
No worries at all tarheel, and no rush!
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Hi Jeff,

just some early feedback. I played Pins 1 and 2 on Version 1 of the course and have now played Pin 3 on Version 2. I have not found any of the greens or pin placements unrealistic so far. The only thing I noticed is, behind the green on Hole 8, it indicates that you are playing off a teeing area. Not sure if this is intended or accidental. Just thought I'd mention it.

I particularly love the challenge of the green on Hole 9. Now that's what I call fun! :bg:

I'll play Pins 4 and 5, probably tomorrow, and give you an update. This is one terrific course.

Cheers

Brad
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

I played through the first 9 holes with firm greens, pin 4, and mild winds, and I thought so far it was a really fair challenge. Will do much more testing this weekend. Soooo, close to a double eagle on number 9!