Charlie

Any JN series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Charlie

Post by tarheel »

I am grieving to share with everyone the news that our dear friend Charlie has taken his place with our holy father. I received the following email today

Hi Brad,

This is Charlie’s son, Wade. I’m very sorry to report that my dad passed away on Aug 9. It was peaceful, without much pain and he was surrounded by family. I’m finally getting around to looking through his email accounts, and I remember him saying that I should reach out to you. I’m really sorry for the delay.

I’m sorry to hear that you recently lost your mother. We are grieving with you, and hope you find peace in the good memories.

I don’t know how many folks in the online golfing community my dad was keeping up with, but I expect there are a few others. Please feel free to share the news of his death on any of the communities you may still participate in, if you know he was also a member of those communities.

You can read my dad’s obituary at the link below:
Charles Roberts Obituary (1949 - 2023) - Legacy Remembers

If you’re interested in viewing the memorial service that we held for him, you can watch it on his church’s YouTube channel linked below:
Memorial Service for Charlie Roberts - YouTube

Please say prayers for all of the family.
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Re: Charlie

Post by Sundance »

Brad,
Just received the emal as well. Thank You for posting!!
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

Hi Brad,

thanks for posting. Not only have we lost a great designer, but a good friend and good bloke.

I recall Charlie having a friendly dig at me for posting a joke about lawyers, but he forgave me when I told him one of my daughters-in-law is a lawyer, so I am allowed to tell lawyer jokes. I enjoyed my discussions with him via email and will long remember him through those connections and the wonderful courses he gave the GBC community.

Rest in Peace Charlie.

Brad
Galen_Golf4676
Club Champion

Post by Galen_Golf4676 »

Charlie and I played a few rounds of JN6 online via TCP IP and of course shared an interest in designing courses. I believe he won a competition once for one of his courses at the old Golden Bears Den and well deserved it was. He will be missed.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.
John A Bernard
Weekend Duffer

Post by John A Bernard »

Sorry to hear about Charlie Roberts Passing

Saw his Memorial Service and leave here my condolencies to his Family he was a true gentleman and a true believer in Life

I like all the stories shared by his Daughter and Son specially that he had a love for a British Car MG and video games and specialy Golf Games and that he designed on several platforms not only GBC...i didn't knew about that

Can anyone make a sumary of all his GBC Designs i think about 12 solo designs
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

John A Bernard wrote: September 10th, 2023, 7:22 am Sorry to hear about Charlie Roberts Passing

Saw his Memorial Service and leave here my condolencies to his Family he was a true gentleman and a true believer in Life

I like all the stories shared by his Daughter and Son specially that he had a love for a British Car MG and video games and specialy Golf Games and that he designed on several platforms not only GBC...i didn't knew about that

Can anyone make a sumary of all his GBC Designs i think about 12 solo designs
http://www.golfsimclubhouse.com/forum/v ... 200#p13200
ghostridergolf
Novice

Post by ghostridergolf »

Sorry to hear. Condolences to his family. He will be missed.
mikey2020
Weekend Duffer

Post by mikey2020 »

Just saw this today. Condolences to the family and to those of us who knew Charlie through this community. May he forever be remembered.