Happy Hollow Golf Complex

The course architect, design theory, and current projects.
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Re: Happy Hollow Golf Complex

Post by Sundance »

:up:
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

ImageHole #11 challenges you right out of the box with a risk/reward shot. At 570+ yards this par 5 gives you an opportunity to carry the huge bunker off the tee or simply lay up and play the percentages. Unfortunately, even if successful you'll be faced immediately with another risk/reward shot to carry another huge bunker and settle on the dance floor. Regardless of the outcome you'll find this par 5 quite interesting!

Views from tee, layup fairway, successful risk/reward approach and green.Image
Attachments
Clipboard05.jpg
(350.01 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Clipboard04.jpg
(400.34 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

ImageImage
Attachments
Clipboard07.jpg
(460.93 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Clipboard06.jpg
(385.14 KiB) Not downloaded yet
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

What a cracking hole! :thumbsup:
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

BradTheDad wrote: January 15th, 2024, 5:35 pm What a cracking hole! :thumbsup:
Thanks Brad! I like that, cracking! Release the Kraken!!! Little film humor..................
tarheel
Legend of Golf

Post by tarheel »

I'm really amazed at how incredible this looks with that background. I said recently about Indian Cypress and I'll say about this one (and most of your courses Steve...):

Do you think the creators of JN6 ever had the vision what would be accomplished one day with the designer for this game? I would love to hear one of the original designers of the game comment upon what we have available to us over the 24 years of aging this wine.
Reb621
Weekend Duffer

Post by Reb621 »

Mike Franco was the Executive producer for Hypnos Entertainment. His image is on one of the avitars used in the game. I think he would have known the possibilities of the game. A few of our great designers made the stock courses included in the game. I was able to get an advance copy of the game from Mike back in the day. Computer Golf games has been developed by many companies in it's strictly a money business, but from time to time we get a gem of a game.
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

tarheel wrote: January 18th, 2024, 4:58 pm I'm really amazed at how incredible this looks with that background. I said recently about Indian Cypress and I'll say about this one (and most of your courses Steve...):

Do you think the creators of JN6 ever had the vision what would be accomplished one day with the designer for this game? I would love to hear one of the original designers of the game comment upon what we have available to us over the 24 years of aging this wine.
Tarheel, of all the games that have been created for the golfing community the JN series was the only one that kept advancing and incorporating new levels of play and design. I know that money is always the factor as evidenced by all the latest and incredible golf simulations developed in the last several years and then just dropped with no improvements.
I think the creators knew JN6 had amazing potential but at that time resolution was still very limited and they honestly thought advancement was not a wise fiscal move. Over the last eight to ten years the advancement of resolution and the enormous advancement in memory and storage has given us designers a chance to explore this game engine in ways they seriously did not even imagine which is why they have produced newer golf simulations but they seem to only be interested in the initial outcome of profit before they drop one program and move on to another.
If a really great programmer took the JN6 package today and worked it up to current resolution standards it could be an incredible golf package that would probably lure many of the players and designers back into the fold. Anyway, that's my humble take on this great game!
BradTheDad
Legend of Golf

Post by BradTheDad »

If only, Steve. The best thing about the designer in JN6 is you don't need an engineering degree to use it.
Sundance
Legend of Golf

Post by Sundance »

ImageAt approximately 480 yards the par 4 12th @ Hollow Trails should be played with caution. You can challenge the fairway bunkers on either side of the landing area off the tee to get better position for a partially blind long iron approach. With the green tucked down below the line of vision you have to trust your instincts to avoid the small bunker on the left and the pond to the right. The dance floor slopes front to back so you want to go in soft if possible and while par is good here there is a birdie to be made!
Views from tee, approach and green.Image
Attachments
Clipboard09.jpg
(366.36 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Clipboard08.jpg
(409.85 KiB) Not downloaded yet