A sad note

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
hookster
Chronic Slicer

A sad note

Post by hookster »

Yesterday some of us have received word from Dar ( Tincup ) That his mother had passed on yesterday morning. She was 87 years old and not in the greatest health and I am sure is in a better place now. As Dar is one of my best friends I felt obgligated to post this and let him know how really sorry I am. As of Fri. he will be out of town for at least a week. Because he pretty much runs this community by him self if anyone has problems you`ll have to give him a week or so. God Bless You and yours bro.
Terry Grayson
Competitive Amateur

Re: A sad note

Post by Terry Grayson »

My heart hurts for Dar and his family. And hope and pray they can find some comfort during this difficult time...
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

Dar, I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and the rest of your family.
Robert@
Shotmaker

Post by Robert@ »

Sympathys from my family to yours Dar.
Stan Nehilla
Legend of Golf

Post by Stan Nehilla »

Dar & Family will be in our prayers.
Stan
Robert D. Wagers
Shotmaker

Post by Robert D. Wagers »

Thoughts and prayers to Dar and his Family!
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Dar! I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your mother. My sincere condolences to you and your family.
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

Thank you for your kind words… I appreciate them.

I am still trying to sort out how I feel about her passing. On the one hand, it is always very difficult to lose a loved one. No matter how ready you think you are, you still take a body blow when you get that call.

On the other hand, I am comforted in knowing she is in a better place, free from the bondage of a deteriorating body and mind. Over the past five years, I watched her descend into a dark, twilight world of Alzheimer’s disease. She needed help doing even the simplest of things, like dressing herself and eating lunch. She used to read a 300-400 page novel in a day. Two years ago, she gave up reading completely. She could read but she just didn’t. She didn’t watch TV or read the newspaper. Nor did she interact socially with any of the other residents of the home. She even got to the point where she didn’t recognize her husband. She was in a near-vegetative state… no way to live.

I don’t want to sound cold here, but in some ways, I am relieved that her soul finally decided to leave that worn out body of hers. I will always remember and celebrate her as the person she was many years ago… not the one she became at the end.

Like it or not, I guess this is something that most of us will have to deal with at some point.

Thanks again for the condolences. They act like cushions to soften the body blow.
Dar
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

I was sorry to hear about your mother. I lost my mother just over 2 years ago to cancer, she was 80. It's like you said that you think you're ready, but you never are for that void that will ALWAYSbe there.There's hardly a day that goes by that I don't think about and miss her. My sympathy to you and your family Dar.
A Brandt
Club Champion

Post by A Brandt »

I'm so sorry for your loss Dar, my condolences to you and your family