STILLGOLFING COMMENTS AFTER 200 COURSES

Reviews and feedback for courses and other game content.
stillgolfing
Turning Pro

STILLGOLFING COMMENTS AFTER 200 COURSES

Post by stillgolfing »

Today I played Hawks Nest, my 200th course since joniing this Forum about a year and a half ago.
Generally, I have been selecting courses to play from :
a) the original 33 PGA2000 courses from the various editions
b) the top 400 list that one of the regulars produced sometime ago
c) a recent TOP 40 that (I think) Tin Cup posted and
d) a few courses I selected at rhandom based on the fact they had weird and interesting names
Along the way I decided I would award 5 stars to the courses that I found most interesting, pleased my artistic eye, were well rendered and PLAYABLE (at my level - Standard). As it turns out there were 10 out of the 200 that met this criteria. For your info, I have listed them below

IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER AS THEY ARE ALL, IN MY HUMBLE OPINION, EQUALLY GREAT. :first:

Alice Boges Garden
Brooks Green
Colonial Country Club
Emerald Heights
Hawk's Nest
Muirefield Village
Pasatiempo
Seasons
Torrey Pines South
TPC @ Southwind

Thanks to all the great designers who spent untold hours producing these fantastic courses. Hopefully these courses will be used as examples for existing and future designers to emulate in their designs.
Dave
When dyslexic golfers hit a wild shot, do they yell erof !? .... stillgolfing
Robert@
Shotmaker

Re: STILLGOLFING COMMENTS AFTER 200 COURSES

Post by Robert@ »

Always nice to see any of my courses mentioned,thank you! And happy you enjoy playing Seasons.
spencerturner
Scratch Golfer

Post by spencerturner »

thanks for your selecting Hawk's Nest as one of your favorite courses. Glad you enjoyed your time there. May I suggest you try North Island . Spencer.
stillgolfing
Turning Pro

Post by stillgolfing »

Thank you Robert and Spencer for taking the time to follow up. It is great to hear from the designers (wish I were one of you, but I guess when it comes to the "Course designer" I just don't get it!0.
Possibly, also, someone might respond to this question. How does one search the course list "by designer"? Ever since I have followed this site that is the thing I seem to need to do most, but I never found a "search by feature". Is it just "Old Age" or is that feature not available?
Thanks again, Dave
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

Dave,

There is a list that Brian put together in the Utilities section of the website. It is usually updated with each new course right away. Hope this helps.
stillgolfing
Turning Pro

Post by stillgolfing »

Thanks Sandwedge for pointing this utility out. Perfect! Thanks also to Brian for taking the time to put it all together and maintain it.
Cheers, Dave
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Yeah unfortunately you can't search the website itself since I am just using static HTML pages. I use an excel spreadsheet almost like a database to generate the pages. I could create pages based on different common ways to sort things but it would get to be a pain to update in so many different places when a new course comes out. Instead you can download that spreadsheet and sort the course list by any category you want to find what you are looking for. Dar actually keeps the spreadsheet up to date when there is a new course so thank him for that.