Online Play on GameRanger ?

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
Tommy H
Range Rookie

Online Play on GameRanger ?

Post by Tommy H »

I have just established an account on GameRanger's website that says that it supports PGA Championship Golf multiplayer online play. I'm trying to host a game, and would like to know if any of you fellow golfers would like to play. It's 8 P.M. on Saturday, 17 Nov, and I'll be online for the next hour checking to see if any of you are interested.

Please let me know if any of you are using GameRanger to play online with each other. I would love to join you online.

-Tommy H
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Re: Online Play on GameRanger ?

Post by BrianZ111 »

Everybody who plays online here uses Kali. I think GameRanger was tested by some people here but it had some problems. I don't remember what the problems were now though. Dar (tincup) would probably know more.
tincup
Legend of Golf

Re: Online Play on GameRanger ?

Post by tincup »

We experimented with Gameranger just about three years ago. There were a couple showstopper problems with it:
-we could not get more than two people in a game.
-certain functions in the game didn't work... like the direction finder feature.

I worked with the webmaster (scott) off and on for a month. Anxious for an alternative to Kali, I practically begged him to make changes to accomodate us. Basically, he blew us off... saying that we werent worth his time. We had a few less-than-pleasant exchanges and went our separate ways.

Dar