Season #10

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Season #10

Post by SteveHorn »

Thought I'd go ahead and show results so far of my 1oth season of play on this great golf sim. COMMENTS WELCOME

PGA WORLD TOUR 2013
SEASON # 10 WINNERS & INFO

HYUNDAI TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS – (ELITE)
Course – Kapalua Plantation Course (9.7)
Winner – Martin Kaymer (-12)
THE SONY OPEN – (STANDARD)
Course – Waialae Country Club (9.6)
Winner – Spencer Levin (-9)
ABU DHABI H.S.B.C CHAMPIONSHIP – (STANDARD)
Course – Coronas The Gold Course 2010 (9.45)
Winner – Johnathan Byrd – (-13)
COMMERCAL BANK QATAR MASTERS – (STANDARD)
Course – Death Valley (9.35)
Winner – Steve Horn – (-17)
WASTE MANAGEMENT PHOENIX OPEN – (STANDARD)
Course – TPC Scottsdale – (9.5)
Winner – Steve Horn – (-20)
AT&T PEBBLE BEACH PRO AM – (STANDARD)
Courses – Pebble Beach (9.6) Pine Anchor (9.6) Schuberts Bay (9.7)
Winner – Steve Horn – (-16)
NORTHERN TRUST OPEN – (STANDARD)
Course - Riveria C.C. – (9.5)
Winner – Zach Johnson – (-12)
WGC ACCENTURE MATCH PLAY CHAMPIONSHIP – (ELITE)
Course – Desierto de Tejas – (9.6)
Winner – Gary Woodland (6 wins)
TSHWANE OPEN – (STANDARD)
Course – Kewadin Prairie Lodge (9.45)
Winner – Gary Woodland (-22)
WGC CADILLAC CHAMPIONSHIP – (ELITE)
Course – Erins Glade – (9.7)
Winner – Lee Westwood – (-22)
AVANTHA MASTERS – (STANDARD)
Course – Kauai’s Kekaha Golf Club – (9.55)
Winner – Nick Watney – (-19)
ARNOLD PALMER INVITATIONAL – (STANDARD)
Course – Mohican Valley – (9.65)
Winner – Charl Schwartzel – (-16)
SHELL HOUSTON OPEN – (STANDARD)
Course – The Diggins – (9.7)
Winner – Matteo Manassero – (-18)
VALERO TEXAS OPEN – (STANDARD)
Course – The Lakes Course at Pine Ridge – (9.85)
Winner – Adam Scott – (-20)
THE MASTERS – (MAJOR)
Course – Augusta National 2001 – (9.75)
Winner – Phil Mickelson – (-17)
OPEN DE ESPANA – (STANDARD)
Course – Cypress Bay Resort – (9.65)
Winner – Lee Westwood – (-20)

POINT RESULTS AFTER OPEN DE ESPANA

#1 Steve Horn 47
#2 Gary Woodland 39
#3 Phil Mickelson 38
#4 Matteo Manassero 36
#5 Lee Westwood 35
#6 Bo Van Pelt 30
#7 Adam Scott 30
#8 Rory McIlroy 29
#9 Pat Perez 28
#10 Martin Kaymer 28
#11 Zach Johnson 26
#12 Louis Oosthuizen 24
#13 Chad Campbell 21
#14 Brandt Snedeker 20
#15 Bubba Watson 20
#16 Luke Donald 20
#17 Steve Guest 20
#18 Charl Schwartzel 18
#19 John Sendin 17
#20 Justin Rose 16
bryce
Legend of Golf

Re: Season #10

Post by bryce »

I see you're doing well Steve! I have a couple of questions...... what do the numbers beside the course names represent? Also, how do you base your scoring system?

Doron
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

I'm honored that you used my course for the Valero Texas Open. It's good to see it still being played.
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

A few thoughts:

No Tiger? Courses don't set up well for his game maybe? He dominates in my tours. When I use the ATG lists, Jack Nicklaus and Harry Vardon dominate. I like the fact that you have got a good representation of golfers on your leaderboards - must be your selection of courses?

Phil Mickelson won the Masters - is this a preview?

Great to see Chad Campbell in the 13th spot- kinda have wondered what has happened to him in real life.

Gary Woodland is an underrated American golfer - better amateur than most people probably realize.

That guy Steve Horn is known for his architecture - apparently he has a golf game as well - move over Jack?!!! :)
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Glad to see some people reading this post . Wasn't sure how many have any interest in a fictional World Tour on a golf sim. DC! The Lakes course at Pine Ridge is still one of my all time favorite courses as you can see by its current rating of (9.85) which translates to an A+ (even though it beats me up at times.) It was a beast this season.

Sandwedge! Tiger is currently tied for 37th with 7 points. The season is only about 35 percent complete so I think you'll still see him move up. I had a slow start last season. Was 40th place at this time last season but finished very strong ending the season with 107 points (4th) But who knows what this computer will decide. Tigers last win on my World Tour was in season #8 at The Open Championship at Royal St. George. Thats over a season and a half ago. Tiger was The Player of the Year for Seasons #1,#2, #3, #4 and runner up in season #6.

Doron! The number beside the course is its current overall rating. Basiclly (9.55,9.6 +9.65) = an A minus (9.7,9.75 +9.8) = A
(9.85 9.9 9.95) = A plus (10.0) PERFECT
The point system is a simplified point system simular to Fed Ex points but points only go to players who finish a tournament in the top ten.

PGA WORLD TOUR POINTS OF TOURNAMENT SEASON #10
STANDARD TOURNAMENT POINTS
Winner = 10 points
2nd = 7 points
3rd = 5 points
4th = 4 points
5th = 3 points
6th thru 8th = 2 points
9th & 10th = 1 point
ELITE TOURNAMENT POINTS
Winner = 17 points
2nd = 12 points
3rd = 9 points
4th = 7 points
5th = 6 points
6th = 5 points
7th = 4 points
8th = 3 points
9th = 2 points
10th = 1 point
MAJOR TOURNAMENT POINTS
Winner = 24 points
2nd = 17 points
3rd = 13 points
4th = 10 points
5th = 8 points
6th = 7 points
7th = 6 points
8th = 5 points
9th = 4 points
10th = 3 points
Theres also points for the ending tournaments but posting all of these is a problem
stillgolfing
Turning Pro

Post by stillgolfing »

I find this very interesting. How many rounds do you play in a Tournament? I noticed you won a tourney with -17 at Standard.
I find that playing a course twice in a tournament (no matter how interesting) is about all the punishment I can take ;) , so I've been doing 2 round tournies. Basically I ve been testing my "Standard" game and 3 similarly skilled (or simarly skills deficient - depending on your point of view :) ) ani-buddies to find a Tourney level where we could be competative. We all shoot around -6 for two rounds which means we beat the crap out of the Amateur Tourney players (best they do is about +4 for 2 rounds), and we get the crap beat out of us by the Pro Tourney players, where the best usually shoot around -20. Is there a Tourney available with something in between this range, or is there a way to modify players or create a group of Tourney players that would be in between the noted scores?
Good Topic, thanks for taking the time to post the info.
Cheers, Dave
When dyslexic golfers hit a wild shot, do they yell erof !? .... stillgolfing
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Dave! All my tournaments are played from the tournament tee's. The word standard listed beside a tournaments name just means in my view their is nothing currently speical about the event to give it an (Elite - WGC events) ,(Special - The Players Championship) or (Major - The Masters) statis and points avalible.
All tournaments are 4 rounds just like the PGA in real. I do have 2 cuts for most tournys. One after the 2nd round and one after the 3rd round. Thats just so the field of appox. 150 players to start most tournys gets trimmed down to near 70 for the final round. Most tournaments are on one course with a few exceptions. Take a closer look at the courses played to see which tournys are played on more then one course. If a real tourny such as The AT&T Pebble Beach Pro Am uses (3 courses) then I play on 3 courses. I don't always use the course thats played on tour even if its avalible. If I've played it numerous times or don't like it that much or deem it to easy I will probably choose a different course to play for that tourny. There's way to many excellent courses on this sim that I haven't played ever or in a long time to just stick to a certain course season after season for a standard tournament.
Dave! You may want to download my 2012 PGA players list listed in the utilities section. There averages are based on the previous 2 seasons at the time I made them almost a year and a half ago. They range from about a low of 69.7 AVG. to 72.3 AVG. All players can be edited if you want. You can create your own players list if you want. My list has about 235 players at that time from all over the world. It included the top 100 players at that time (offical golf ranking) and many others that were grandfathered in such as a Davis Love lll or Colin Montgomery to give 2 examples. Still active but rarely noticed anymore on a leaderboard.
stillgolfing
Turning Pro

Post by stillgolfing »

Steve;
Thanks for the info.
Cheers Dave
When dyslexic golfers hit a wild shot, do they yell erof !? .... stillgolfing
LinksLegend
Club Champion

Post by LinksLegend »

Hey Steve - interesting stuff. What's the criteria for scoring the courses out of interest? Your own? the games?

Cheers
LL
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

Again, thank you for the very kind words Steve. I'm glad you enjoy the course.