New Index out

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
ADC
Tour Contender

Re: New Index out

Post by ADC »

My goal is to qualify fo the Minnesota Amatuer next year. I'm fortunate enough that the course I play day to day is really hard, lol. It's a 75 from the blacks, and a 71 from the whites. The slope ratings really show it, though, as the slope from the whites is still over 130. The blacks are over 140. So, I'm very, very proud of a 7 handicap out there.
"It is all good and well to punish a bad shot, but the right to eternal punishment should be reserved for a higher tribunal than a Green Committee." Bernard Darwin on Pine Valley Golf Club.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Well I played a really poor first 9 today, then got it together for most of the back 9 only to give away a few more strokes at the end...but at least I made the cut for day 2 on the number (top 90 and ties).
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Post by SteveHorn »

Brian! Wishing you good luck for round two. May the golfing gods be with you.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Thanks Steve, I ended up playing worse today though. My abdomen was sore all day and caused me to swing more with my arms which resulted in bad shots. It first felt bad on the last hole yesterday but I thought it’d be ok today. It’s the same area that’s been hurting since my gallbladder issues started, it just hasn’t been this bad again since last fall. It feels almost like a pulled muscle but apparently never seems to heal. Thanks for the support though, I guess there’s always other tournaments or next year.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

Brian, when I work out my abs a day or two before I play, I have problems turning my body like I should. I can't even imagine what it feels like to have nonstop pain in your abdomen. Kudos to you for finishing your rounds and not giving up!

Doron
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Thanks, yeah that's actually exactly what it feels like. Like I've been working out my abs, doing sit ups or something...except I haven't. Maybe I should be. The doctors don't seem to have a clue.
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

Hey Brian,

Hope that you can understand what is going on soon. It can't be any fun to know you are capable of doing more than your body is allowing - not to mention the concern for your health.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

Thanks, I've been through enough tests to feel pretty confident it's not anything serious, just gets a little frustrating not being able to do the things I want to do.