Ongoing difficulty playing and reviewing courses

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
stillgolfing
Turning Pro

Ongoing difficulty playing and reviewing courses

Post by stillgolfing »

When I joined this forum a couple of years ago I decided I wanted to contribute by playing and reviewing courses. It turns out that I didn't end up doing much reviewing. There are a number of reasons for this mainly due to the idiosyncratic nature of PGA2000, which made it difficult for me to provide a consistent and fair analysis from course to course. I think the main reason I have a problem is that on many of the custom courses (all the original courses play O.K.) when I hit the ball into the rough or have to take a drop from the various types of hazards, my player is often displayed facing sideways or backwards in relation to the hole. This player displacement is not always evident and can lead to many lost strokes. In those circumstances where it is evident much time is consumed trying to decide if a player is facing incorrectly and then turning the/those players (virtual and real) around to face the hole. The reason I bring this up now is, I tried to play the new course Sierra Country Club (hoping to post a review), but found it almost unplayable, as whenever I or the other members of my ani-buddy test foursome hit it in the rough, we were always facing sideways or backwards. The game became too tedious to play constantly rotating and realigning my player then having to delete ani players as they continued to play backward down the rough 10 ft at a time. I only want to find out if this a known issue with certain custom textures in PGA2000? Or, is this something possibly related to the configuration of my PC (which, I have to admit, hasn't always played well with certain applications).
Thanks Dave
When dyslexic golfers hit a wild shot, do they yell erof !? .... stillgolfing
SteveHorn
Legend of Golf

Re: Ongoing difficulty playing and reviewing courses

Post by SteveHorn »

Dave! I rarely run into this issue but it does happen from time to time. I just go into the menu at the top and click the ("rotate to flag") button when needed. Then hit the move camera button at the bottom of your window. If this happens alot sounds like a problem to me. It does happen some for pin position issues also. Hit your 1 or 2 keys for a straight ahead look
stillgolfing
Turning Pro

Post by stillgolfing »

Thanks Steve I completely forgot about the "rotate to flag" feature. Does this work for Anis too? That's the most aggravating issue, as they blindly continue pounding mishits the wrong way down the deeper grass.
DC#1
Tour Contender

Post by DC#1 »

Sorry for the issue. Just curious if anyone else is having this issue. Dave, were you having this problem on every hole or just some? I made some of the holes to give the golfer options of which way to go, which may not be pointing at the shot path but at the flag. I have been on some course where I would run into this but usually just once in a round. I went back through and played a round after you posted this and hit into the rough and didn't encounter this problem.
stillgolfing
Turning Pro

Post by stillgolfing »

Thanks for taking the time to follow up DC#1. I think it was somewhere down the right side of 1 and 3 three, but I went back and played these holes several times and could not duplicate the situation. Now that I think about it, it was extremely unusual that I and all three anis hit it in the rough, and obviously more bizar that we were all in different locations but all facing the wrong way. I set up these anis so they would be competetive with me and the Classic Tour. Although we don't win much we usually finish somewhere in the top 25 and this occurs typically because we rarely miss the fairway from the tee (greens in regulation not so good).
Anyway, we had no issues completing the course this time around. I have added my review in the courses section.