Super news

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
hookster
Chronic Slicer

Super news

Post by hookster »

Ok guys here it is in a nutshell. yes you can play on line with us no matter what operating system you have. How you ask? Well it took some time for me to figure it all out but I now play with the guys in Kali which is our on line golf site with windows 7. My xp comp was getting old and started running bad so I ordered a new comp and had it sent to my brothers house cause he`s my comp. nerd. I told him that I have heard about some programs that were a virtual xp that will run on other systems. He downloaded a couple but said graphics were bad so he did some reading and read that oracle virtual box was the best one out there so he downloaded it and installed it on my comp. Everything was working perfect exept the putter wasn`t putting like it should. well after reading up on it a simple click of the mouse and your mouse goes from 7 to xp mode where u can then set your mouse settings in xp works perfectly. I am a true swinger but used to be a tri clicker. played on both and they play perfect. So get the program install it and get your arses on kali which is a 10 dollar lifetime membership. We also use a talk program called teamspeak so we don`t have to type while playing. Tincup or myself can set you up on that. Just drop us an email with user name and password and we`ll get ya hooked up. Hookster59@yahoo.com or (dbrown4428@aol.com) good luck folks. and if ya have any probs, drop me an email
hookster
Chronic Slicer

Re: Super news

Post by hookster »

By the way if you go to youtube and type in oracle vm virtual box there are a couple tutorials on how to install it
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

That is super news!! Maybe there will be some new (old) faces playing online, including me!
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

That''s great! I'll have to give this a try sometime when I have some free time.
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

I think I have it figured out now, after several attempts! When do any of you play? Please mention your time zone as well to avoid confusion an my part.

I do not have a mic at this time, but I will get one this weekend and allow you all to make fun of my southern accent!
tincup
Legend of Golf

Post by tincup »

There is a group of up to 12 people who play regularly (almost every day). Not everyone plays every day, but you can usually find from 4 to 8 people playing.

We congregate in Kali around 3:30-4:00 pm Eastern time. Generally, we play courses from the "A" list, but also play "B" listers on occasion. Be aware that the language can get a little rough at times... lol.

Dar
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

tincup wrote: Be aware that the language can get a little rough at times... lol.

Dar
Well, I will be right at home then!
hookster
Chronic Slicer

Post by hookster »

Update on the virtual xp folks. Mrs. dog ( Jeana) and her son contacted me and I was attempting to help her son set it up and he ran into a ( No bootable medium found ) So I called my brother because he is the one that installed it for me. He asked if they had a copy of xp handy and i said what??? you didn`t tell me you needed a xp disk also. Well you do. I am so sorry folks. But the good news is that I just so happen to have one. I am sending them a copy this week. If anyone else is going to install this program on their newer comp. and needs a copy, I will be happy to send you a copy. So for all of you that have ran into probs since my last post. I am truely sorry. That is why my brother takes care of all the hard stuff lol. email me at hookster59@yahoo.com with your address and I will get a copy out to you.