Has this ever happened to you?

Any PGA series discussion that doesn't fit in another forum.
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Has this ever happened to you?

Post by sandwedge »

Just wondering if anyone here has ever recorded an albatross in PGA 2000? It is even rarer then a hole-in-one in real life, but maybe a little easier because of club distances in the game? Not sure - just curious to see if anyone has done it. Tell us your story - course, club used, conditions and how you felt :)
tincup
Legend of Golf

Re: Has this ever happened to you?

Post by tincup »

Oh yes, lots of people have had an albatross in PGA2000. It is more rare than a hole-in-one, but it can be done.

I get maybe one a year, so all together I have had maybe 10.

My most memorable was at willow waters plantation, #14... a short par 4. We were playing long/normal/breezy conditions.

I was partnering in a ryder with Groovydude against Diguelo and Slam (April/2004). My pard Groovydude gets up on the par 3, 13th and gets an ace. I was up first on #14 and damned if I didn't drop it in the hole from about 280 yds with a 4 wood... slight wind at our back :eek:

Back to back aces... ace-albatross. You should have heard the other team cuss :mad: ... lol. It was awesome. I kept a screenshot of that baby.

Dar
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

That's pretty awesome - hole-in-one and albatross and back to back no less! Even if it is a computer game, in PGA it means something - not nearly as difficult to do in TW series. Congrats! Keep them coming!
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

I have one in 10 years. IIRC it was the 11th on Wilde Valley. I hit a 3 wood just trying to hit the green (I was pretty bad at the time. It came in from the right, took a good bounce then rolls across the green into the cup. That was probably 2003. I was close on a short p5 just last week, missed by about 2 feet. Several other close ones, but never in the hole.
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

My youngest daughter got one on a course we designed together once - the ball hit the rocks and bounced over the water in front of the green and then rolled into the cup. She still laughs about it - has never gotten another albatross since. Thanks for sharing - I hope you get a few more, it sounds like you're due for one soon :)
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

I remember my first double eagle came on Augusta 2001 on the famed 13th hole, in season mode. I was trailing Woods and Mickelson at the time and drew one around the trees, hit in the front portion of the green and came down the slope (ski slope!) into the cup. I then proceeded to lose in a playoff to Phil.

I designed a course some years back (Twisted Realm) that has a driveable par 5. I almost made a 1 on it once....a triple eagle????

Good topic!
sandwedge
Tournament Winner

Post by sandwedge »

bryce wrote:I then proceeded to lose in a playoff to Phil.

I designed a course some years back (Twisted Realm) that has a driveable par 5. I almost made a 1 on it once....a triple eagle????

Good topic!
Well, at least you can say you beat Tiger - although not sure if that is as big a deal anymore? A driveable par 5 huh? I think I'm going to have to check that course out - I might only get a double bogey on that hole :)
Indy Anna Jones
Legend of Golf

Post by Indy Anna Jones »

A driveable par 5??? :eek:
Are you the guy that has the 330 yard par 3??? :laugh:
bryce
Legend of Golf

Post by bryce »

No Indy, I would never do that! My courses tend to be too easy, like driveable par 5's! I would never design a par 3 of more than 225....maybe 250 if it's quite a bit downhill.
BrianZ111
Legend of Golf

Post by BrianZ111 »

I thought I had only every made one but I checked my replays and I actually have 2. I had forgotten about the 2nd one.
albatross1.jpg
My first was a 211 yard 3i on number 3 at Muerill Golf Links on 6/5/06.
(201.92 KiB) Not downloaded yet
albatross2.jpg
My second was a 245 yard 4w on number 3 at Desert Pines on 4/17/08.
(196.21 KiB) Not downloaded yet
The player stats say I've made 6 aces.